Photo

War Profiteering

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any information on how much battledome weapons, healing items, codestones, etc go up when there is a "war" going on in neopets. I was looking through my deposit box and found that I have 11 stone clubs(I dont even remember buying them) and it gave me the idea of buying up tons of commonly used items for battles during regular times and then selling them once the price inflates during a war. Anyone know if this would actually work?

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

Depends on the items, so would go up more than others, like healing pots and codestones, but seeing as there probably won't be another war in the near future, it wouldn't be a smart idea to stock up on items.

#3 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

yeah almost everybody goes through this stage of hoarding bd items for a war but it has been so long. I heard people and their parents complained about the wars on the game so there might not be any more ever.

I also heard that cookie monster doesn't eat cookies anymore on sesame street and that they got rid of the count because he was giving too many evil overtones.

#4 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

The wars and plots were one of the best parts! Disappointment. Well I guess I'll just have to figure out something else to do with these clubs. Yeah I heard the cookie monster eats vegetables or something now. Thats just dumb.

#5 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

Depends on the items, so would go up more than others, like healing pots and codestones, but seeing as there probably won't be another war in the near future, it wouldn't be a smart idea to stock up on items.

This.

It doesn't really hurt though to stockpile them. If there ever is going to be another plot with another war, you're sitting on a goldmine if you've invested in it. I have a feeling Neopets will release another plot & war-related one just to make money off of us; I bet you they are going to implement neo-cash related crap too with it, so so they could make more money.

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

yeah almost everybody goes through this stage of hoarding bd items for a war but it has been so long. I heard people and their parents complained about the wars on the game so there might not be any more ever.

I also heard that cookie monster doesn't eat cookies anymore on sesame street and that they got rid of the count because he was giving too many evil overtones.

Posted Image
They should bring the count back, because vampires are so hot right now. Mwah hah hah.

Everyone needs to delcare war on Kiko Lake.

#7 wretlingrock

wretlingrock
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

man cookie monster is now called vegitable monster no more wars in neopets... whats next the parents are gonna take away the battle dome completely....*sigh* this world we live in is screwed up

#8 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

If there IS a war, all codestones will probably go to roughly 10k, and Eo Codestones (which are at 9k now) will probably be around 20k.

It doesn't hurt to train though... you get a nice trophy for DoN. :)

I'm thinking that there will be a war within the next two years. So if you got the NP, stock up :thumbsup:

#9 wretlingrock

wretlingrock
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

how long has it been since the last war... and who was the war between

#10 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

The last war was the one with the codebreakers and space mess right? I enjoyed that one. Or did I miss one since then?

#11 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Man I haven't played since like the war with Meridell/Darigan and such.. haha

#12 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

Looking back at my trophies... I would say the last war was during the The Return of Dr. Sloth plot. I wanna say 2, almost 3 years ago?

It took place between ACII and ACIII, so ya. early 2008, my guess.

#13 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

yeah we are definately due for a war(according to how long it has been) but i'm not too sure. I wish the database had been made really far back so that we could see trends in the price of codestones. you could probably make a ton just hoarding when they are low and selling when they are high. I made a ton because I was stockpiling for the war and then the prices shot up because of the 10x sending.

It sucks about cookiemonster. And why the fuck are teletubbies still allowed. hell, half the shit on tv these days is so fucked up it disturbes me...but its better then the count.

#14 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

This.

It doesn't really hurt though to stockpile them. If there ever is going to be another plot with another war, you're sitting on a goldmine if you've invested in it. I have a feeling Neopets will release another plot & war-related one just to make money off of us; I bet you they are going to implement neo-cash related crap too with it, so so they could make more money.

yes unfortunately its bizniz

i hope theres gonna be a war, its the only reason i train my pet

#15 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

I heard people and their parents complained about the wars on the game so there might not be any more ever.

Lol, stupid redundant overproductive parents who want to prevent their children from having fun.

#16 wretlingrock

wretlingrock
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

i am already starting to hoard all of the now expensive bd items i get from the "ab"er and i see a code stone for cheap in the trades or auctions i grab it and i am holding it

#17 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

i am already starting to hoard all of the now expensive bd items i get from the "ab"er and i see a code stone for cheap in the trades or auctions i grab it and i am holding it

you cannot really go wrong by doing that. Just don't go into the shop wiz and start buying up a hundred or two codestones of each type because they seem to be on their way down a bit.

#18 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

Cookie Monster does still eat cookies, they are his favorite food. However, he now realizes that "Cookies Are a Sometimes Food".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users