I'm neo-depressed :(

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

This game really depresses me.

You know guys, I've been playing this game for over 5 years now. Took a couple of breaks here and then, always came back, and except my two days of Abrosia - always played hard and legally. I have a bit over 2m pure, modest gallery, 20m battle set, nice painted pets and a small amount of 3rd place trophies.
I feel like such a loser, really.
Might sound nice - But damn, it's been 5 years. I see less than one year accounts with billions in their trades, huge galleries, amazingly (negg) trained pets, rsing in magic/stamps like pros and show off with golden trophies in every possible game in neo.
I make like 100k a day, my butt hurts from sitting in front of the comp and watching the damn 'sold out' message pop up every stupid rs.

Shouldn't I have been amazing by now? After damn 5 years of playing? :( I love my account very much and cherish everything I own; slowly but surely, eh... Shouldn't I've done a lot better after 5 years of playing? Shouldn't I've owned a fantastic account and be the envy of at least some? :/

I know, I know - It's just a game. I'm not actually depressed, don't worry. I just feel like it's pixels, and I'm being pwned by them lol

I should stop watching the BD chat, it affects me too much.
Cheer me up a bit, tell me something nice? :/

#2 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Try cheating like all famous obviously do.

#3 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Try cheating like all famous obviously do.

I agree.

Also, those "newbie" accounts probably aren't as "new" as they appear. People tend to restart on fresh accounts.

Also, think of it this way: do you spend almost ALL day at the computer playing Neopets? I've been playing for 7 years and I've never made an RS that valued over 10k ;)

#4 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Aw :(...

The only advice I can give is right before your eyes.

#5 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

For some reason, reading this thread got me thinking about my old accounts. I wish I still had them, and I wish I never cheated on those accounts.

Greed is a powerful motivator. Don't feel anything when you see other people having x, y and z. I admit, I get jealous too when I see people having things I want... and Neopets is a game where it's very, very hard to climb to the top. One thing i've learned on this game is that somebody is always going to be better than me at restocking, at playing flash games, at obtaining trophies, avatars, stamps, cards, blah blah blah etc. etc. It's hard to be one of the "well-known neopians", honestly just play the game to have fun.

Be proud of what you did legitly, because you spent your time on it and I, while I agree it's just "pixels", it's kinda tough when you spend alot of your effort and time and have many goals.

#6 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Im jealous that your account is a 5 year old one. :)
My 6.5 year account in on lock-down bc I used a fake birthday. :(

#7 rainfall

rainfall
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I'm jealous that you've gone that long without cheating. :) It's actually quite commendable considering nearly all those "newbie" account you see with just as much or more as you are quite obviously cheating. You're actually working for your things and haven't been sucked into the profitable (yet still boring) world of using programs. Whichever direction you lean to, the honest way or not, you've spent five years earning your things. Congratulations!! :)

#8 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know that the whole epeen thing existed in neopets... Just remember, you aren't playing neopets to compete with everyone else, but to have some fun! If you are getting depressed from playing... Well that's not exactly my idea of fun :p

(No offense to anybody who has fun by getting depressed)

#9 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

It's true, having a five year old account is an achievement in and of itself, keeping in mind how free-happy TNT is.

I'll tell you one thing, whenever a game depresses me (Neopets or any other game), it's usually because I'm growing tired of it but love it too much to leave it behind. It helps to take a breather and come back when you feel better about it. Focus on real life for a while, have some fun.

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

I realllly love the game!! I want like super expensive bd items but its like sooo expensive. I honestly don't know how people make that much np in such a short time it's insane! I'm legit like you /were :)

How has abrosia been for you?

#11 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

you should only do things if they are fun :)
plus, doesn't the feeling of hoarding neopoints feel AWESOME? that's why you should start cheating haha

#12 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'm jealous that you've gone that long without cheating. :) It's actually quite commendable considering nearly all those "newbie" account you see with just as much or more as you are quite obviously cheating. You're actually working for your things and haven't been sucked into the profitable (yet still boring) world of using programs. Whichever direction you lean to, the honest way or not, you've spent five years earning your things. Congratulations!! :)

I completely agree! Five years playing completely legit is amazing! I think I played 2 1/2 years playing legit... then I learned about sites such as Neocodex. xD

#13 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Become a golddigger :thumbsup:

#14 reesepuff

reesepuff
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

yeah ive seen half_silvered to hes a cheater

#15 nolan1989

nolan1989
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

im impressed you resisted the urge not to cheat, but i still hear ya on the fact all these new account ie 1-2 years, are making more money than god

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image
Save the emo for after you get frozen for cheating.

#17 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:42 AM

What is a golddigger?

#18 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

What is a golddigger?

A miner who digs for gold.

Or a slut who does things for money.

#19 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

WOW, you guys are amazing -hugs- Thank you so much for your replies, I honestly didn't expect so many amazing people cheering me up, thank you :)
Like I said, I really like my account and I am happy that all I have I earned by myself, but it's just that sometimes I feel I could've done so much better. I know there are cheaters on neo, I know that many of newbie accounts are old players, I know that many old accounts were bought for real currency.
It doesn't really matter, I don't compare myself to others out of jealousy - I compare myself in terms of disappointment. I have many goals, many things I want to do - and I feel like I can't do it in this game. This is what really bothers me - That I can't succeed in a web game. You know what I mean? :/
I know that because this game is ruled completely by people - it's a double edged sword, being fun and frustrating at the same time. So much like the real world, only with other goals. Oh I'm getting too philosophical, sorry about that :p

Anyway, it's just that I want so many things (better set, clothes for my pets, improve my gallery, have fun!) - and it seems impossible x_x I'm really not being jealous of others, I'm frustrated that I can't make it as well.

How has abrosia been for you?

Abrosia is amazing but we had to stay just friends :p I like whining, I guess xD If I used Abrosia, I wouldn't be making this post :thumbsup:
Now where's the fun in that? xD

EDIT: Ew, I sound totally like a whiner haha Thanks guys, I'll try to just have fun and lie to myself that amazing people on neo are either cheating or stay there 24/7 LOL xD

Edited by Rita, 26 January 2010 - 09:05 AM.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:38 AM

What is a golddigger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

EDIT: Ew, I sound totally like a whiner haha Thanks guys, I'll try to just have fun and lie to myself that amazing people on neo are either cheating or stay there 24/7 LOL xD

Hahaha. You don't have to lie to yourself. That's true. People who are doing well on neopets ARE EITHER CHEATING OR NEVER LEAVE.

#21 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6vwNcNOTVzY[/url]

I LOVE that song :p:thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users