Photo

The Best Way to Loose Weight?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#26 Kas

Kas
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

"Fresh muscles" (like, you just developed them recently) keep on burning/developing for awhile even after you stop working on them, so that you can still burn calories even if you are sleeping.
Just something random I remembered from my trainer at the gym a couple yeas ago.

Oh, and that the colder the water you're drinking is, the more calories you burn from your body having to heat itself up. Awesome, yeah?

#27 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

an idea, if not the best one.

Oh yeah... I went this route in an attempt to make weight as well.

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

The reason that sore muscles burn calories as you sleep is because your body needs to rebuild them after the damage you put them through. This is best done when you're completely rested i.e. sleeping.

#29 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

Starting strength? You a bodybuilding.com lurker or what? :p

ex-4chan /fit/ lurker :p. I suppose it's like bb.com but with anonymity and like 50% more trolling

#30 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

ex-4chan /fit/ lurker :p. I suppose it's like bb.com but with anonymity and like 50% more trolling

SQUATS AND OATS

#31 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

SQUATS AND MILK

fixed.

#32 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

Running is the best but it hits your tits and ass first. If you want to target fat loss you have to lift. Do light weights and target the areas. Muscle burns fat. You're a chick so don't worry about getting buff it won't happen at all. It's good for you.

Don't eat before a workout. Workout first thing in the morning. Run before your lifting session. I would say 10 min run then 30 min lift you can add time later. Make sure to stretch first thing.

Guranteed you'll lose weight. I did this crap when i first started lifting to get mass and I frickin lost weight <_<

Targeted weight loss is impossible, silly.

Your body burns fat from where it wants to first, not from the target area.

#33 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

Oh, and that the colder the water you're drinking is, the more calories you burn from your body having to heat itself up. Awesome, yeah?

Hm, really? That is very interesting! I should start putting ice in my water than. I usually just drink the water that comes out of the filter thing on the fridge, which is pretty cold still... Thanks for the info though. :thumbsup:

#34 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hm, really? That is very interesting! I should start putting ice in my water than. I usually just drink the water that comes out of the filter thing on the fridge, which is pretty cold still... Thanks for the info though. :thumbsup:

Its a myth. If this was actually the case. Taking an ice bath would lose tons of weight.

#35 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

I'm also trying to lose some weight, but more importantly trying to tone my body. Went on a cruise with my mom, gained a bunch of weight, and now I can't get rid of it. Walking 16-20 miles a week hasn't helped. The big problem I have is 1. eating out (healthy-ish but big portions) and 2. not eating enough protein

Watch yourself if you add swimming to your exercise routine. Swimming in cold water can cause people to consume more calories than swimming in warm water. Exercise like running can suppress your appetite, but swimming tends to make you hungry. I gained about 15 pounds in college because I was taking swim classes and was STARVING all the time. Stopped swimming, lost all the weight. This article talks about it a bit.

#36 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

Damn it, I just realized no one did the obligatory thing in this post. So I shall.

Pics of your "increased bra size" please? :)

#37 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Damn it, I just realized no one did the obligatory thing in this post. So I shall.

Lol I was wondering when someone was going to ask. Posted Image

#38 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Wow. I kinda feel like I can shake off my pervert cloak now because I didn't think of this. But while I'm at it, I might as well second the request.

And please remember: Keep all posts PG-13 because children come through here?

#39 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

Wow. I kinda feel like I can shake off my pervert cloak now because I didn't think of this. But while I'm at it, I might as well second the request.

And please remember: Keep all posts PG-13 because children come through here?

She can go R (<3). Because she can PM us! Yay for the pm system!

#40 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

She can go R (<3). Because she can PM us! Yay for the pm system!

Or she can keep it PG-13 because of her boyfriend? :o

I'm only seconding the request out of sheer curiosity, not because I'm looking for fap material. I would like to see a before/after for the sake of witnessing her good luck.

#41 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Or she can keep it PG-13 because of her boyfriend? :o

I'm only seconding the request out of sheer curiosity, not because I'm looking for fap material. I would like to see a before/after for the sake of witnessing her good luck.

Pfft. Boyfriends dont count on the internet.

And I have no need for fap material either. I dont fap anymore.

#42 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hm, you sir, are not a normal guy... :unsure:

#43 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

What if said boyfriend was met ON the internet?

And also... WTF? Fappin' is awesome. I don't care if you're getting laid every hour she's awake. When she goes to sleep, you fap another one out... Just because.

#44 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

It's true, humans are homeothermic, and thus try to stay at a constant temperature (36 degrees Celcius. Sorry, canadian :p) so when your body becomes hotter/colder than that, your body will expend energy to go back to that temperature. Heating your body is more difficult than cooling it off, since your skin will automatically cool you off due to evaoporative cooling.

Standing outside, or even sitting, in -20 degree weather (Celcius again :p) will burn 120 calories an hour. Thus, exercising in the cold is the best way to burn calories, but can of course be dangerous if you get stuck or deplete too many resources :o

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

It's true, humans are homeothermic, and thus try to stay at a constant temperature (36 degrees Celcius. Sorry, canadian :p) so when your body becomes hotter/colder than that, your body will expend energy to go back to that temperature. Heating your body is more difficult than cooling it off, since your skin will automatically cool you off due to evaoporative cooling.

Standing outside, or even sitting, in -20 degree weather (Celcius again :p) will burn 120 calories an hour. Thus, exercising in the cold is the best way to burn calories, but can of course be dangerous if you get stuck or deplete too many resources :o

Sorry kiddo, it doesnt work that way. It works on paper, but not in real life.

Your body has a high tendency to not burn fat unless it has to, so unless you stand out in the cold for 3 days, your not going to burn off any fat.

#46 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

third. motion carried.

pix plz

#47 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

I didn't say "fat". I said calories. It's a good way to get rid of any stored calories so you can more readily burn fat once you have depleted your glycogen stores.

#48 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

I didn't say "fat". I said calories. It's a good way to get rid of any stored calories so you can more readily burn fat once you have depleted your glycogen stores.

And, I told you. It wont burn fat.

#49 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

My boyfriend is always around... therefore I shall post them in secret. Later. :p
Sorry. No R- Rated pics though. :p

#50 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

My boyfriend is always around... therefore I shall post them in secret. Later. :p
Sorry. No R- Rated pics though. :p

Do you have a before picture though, so we can see how much you gained?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users