Photo

Advice for not getting caught

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LuLu86

LuLu86
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hey there! I just started using Abrosia.. I have been playing Neopets for a decade, and I haven't resorted to cheating until now.. I just got so frustrated with trying to RS a morphing potion, which I believe is IMPOSSIBLE without an autobuyer..

So, I finally gave in and I am now addicted to Abrosia! Awesome program! I was just hoping for some advice from some seasoned Abrosia users.. What are some things I can do to lessen my chances of being caught? I want to use this program mainly to find a Morphing Potion that I have been after for sooo long, but I am afraid it is risky.. I would just hate to lose my accounts which have some of the first neopets on the site..

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

First step? Don't AB in Magic.

#3 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

If you want an MP then buy it from someone. Don't AB it because that will just get you frozen faster than anything. Just stick to other shops and buy the MPs if you want them. I don't really see the point. I'd rather be safe and still make money then make it all at once and then get iced faster then I can sell it.

#4 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

Stick to the automatic settings in Abrosia. Even if you become an advanced members, I wouldn't focus on one or two shops to AB in. And when you do become an advanced member, watch how long you spend in shops. Merifoods, and battle magic or battle dome shops, and magic shop are all HIGH freeze. (Meri cause well uh, duh, DE :p)

#5 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

you DO can Ab in magic shop just dont abuse!

#6 LuLu86

LuLu86
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the advice! How long do you guys usually leave Abrosia on?

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

you DO can Ab in magic shop just dont abuse!

Hmm... whose opinion to trust...
Someone who uses the phrase "do can", or someone with a clue...

Tricksy.

#8 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hmm... whose opinion to trust...
Someone who uses the phrase "do can", or someone with a clue...

Tricksy.

Sorry English isn't my native language i do what i can..... obnoxious guy :p

#9 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the advice! How long do you guys usually leave Abrosia on?

I leave mine on while I'm at school. Tues and Thurs, an extra three hours cause I go back to school but that'll stop after next tuseday. I've been doing this for bout 2-3 months now.
So... Normally 6 hours a day. Tues and Thurs, 9 hours. But my AB is on random (only thing it can be on) so it goes to quite a few different shops instead of just one or two.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Sorry English isn't my native language i do what i can..... obnoxious guy :p

Doesn't make your post any more helpful.

"Don't abuse" is like saying "don't do too much". "Too much" is, by definition, the amount that will cause you problems, making your advice the very epitome of redundant.

#11 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

well i think is better to try for a short time than not try ? O_o

Edited by queen, 17 February 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#12 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

First step? Don't AB in Magic.

^

If you do not want to risk losing your account anymore more than usual with autobuying avoid the magic shop, you aren't going to get the morphing potions 100% of the time anyways. Just restock in different shops and you'll make enough profit to buy you that morphing potion you have always wanted. I see no difference in autobuying the morphing potion and autobyuing the items that help you get it. Unless you like to show off and want it in a screenshot or something :whistling:

#13 LuLu86

LuLu86
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

That's not a bad idea.. Thanks! So if Abrosia manages to grab a morphing potion from the magic shop, is a frozen account pretty much inevitable?

#14 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

That's not a bad idea.. Thanks! So if Abrosia manages to grab a morphing potion from the magic shop, is a frozen account pretty much inevitable?

No. You can get away with autobuying there, but who knows for how long. I'm just saying if you do not want to increase the already chance of being frozen by autobuying I would tend to avoid the magic shop. Also like I said it will be hard for you to snatch up a potion anyways. But it is up to you to decide, just make a smart decision.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

not exactly. If your settings are like 2-3 seconds delay you should be fine... but that means you will NEVER get a potion... so there's no point

But if you get a MP and keep refreshing for 20 minutes... very suspicious. Usually after you get a MP you will stop and go to trading post/boards so... if you want to, sit in front of your computer.

Although I will still recommend not going there.

#16 LuLu86

LuLu86
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for all of these tips! :) Very helpful! I wish I didn't have a 'positive vote quota'..

#17 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for all of these tips! :) Very helpful! I wish I didn't have a 'positive vote quota'..

You don't have a real 'positive vote quota'. Hixael just made a thread asking essentially the same thing you are except with all shops, so going off what he says isn't worth much right now. As for Queen, well that message is just a bit messy because it is more of a context message than a literal message. So it varies from person to person.

It all boils down to you. Everyone could scream at you not to go into a burning building because it is dangerous, but it's your choice to enter the building. (Yeah I had to go with a firefighting reference)

Edited by behemoth, 17 February 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#18 przy

przy
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

I've been restocking for 5 years or so manually. Some days I would restock 5-6 hours, other days only 1 hour. I know I've bought my share of MP's and I've kept going at it after I bought them. I don't use the boards ever... It goes straight to the trading post.

I think the AB is really great if you use it in moderation meaning you use it as much as you would personally manually restock. I know it's easy to get addicted to... because you have to do nothing! Personally I think neopets staff made it much easier to AB. Simply because the restocking times are much more random than they used to be. Forever, it used to be on every new minute (only had to refresh the shop once, duh!)... And all nice things used to stock on the bottom only (it was funny to see all 2500+ np items all loaded in 1 spot). Then they jumbled the items and made the restocks on some freaky seconds...

My normal restocking habits always came in the morning and evening. Usually 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours in the morning and usually 45 mins to 2 hours in the evening. Obviously it is suspicious and strange if you got that thing running 10-12 hours a day until you RS ban and it is refreshing at least twice every 10 seconds... that is pretty tough to do to maintain concentration...
I figure if you use this program for only 1-2 hours a day you won't have any issues even if you choose 1 store.

#19 inez

inez
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Although I'm not a seasoned user and my opinion means absolutely nothing....

I'd agree with przy on logic...but as far as safeguarding...and not wanting to lose one of the FIRST neopets accounts...I wouldn't risk it. Take the burning building advice. If you absolutely insist on using the AB...I'd recommend having a side account on a different computer so you didn't jeopordize having this one frozen. But multi-accounts come with their own unique risks, too, that you should be aware of and lead to freezing. You should look at all options, and all potential risks.

I wouldn't risk that account. Especially considering what you could let it go for if you stopped playing neopets.

And one thing I learned in the forum....Sweeney is very very very smart. Listen to him. Even if you don't want to.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users