Anybody Play FF XII yet?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

SC brood wars was awesome.. but then I got hooked onto Counter-Strike..spent a lotta years playing that haha.. I think SC2 is coming out this summer..beta has been out and another member here had the code.

#27 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Not the Japanese, it's the International version, big difference, and the changes in the game are more optional bosses who are also very hard, like the dark versions of the Aeons.

Oh, my bad. So why are the optional bosses and things not included in the US version? What's the point? later release or something?

#28 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

I never got into Diablo either. I was a big Starcraft fan personally. They keep pushing back the release for SC2 and I'm starting to wonder if they are ever going to finish it.

I tried it cause a friend told me it was a great RPG, he neglected to mention the dungeons. I'll be back in a bit, child is trying to eat from an empty bottle, and dancing to the music on sonic spinball..

#29 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

SC brood wars was awesome.. but then I got hooked onto Counter-Strike..spent a lotta years playing that haha.. I think SC2 is coming out this summer..beta has been out and another member here had the code.

Agreed. Brood Wars kept me pretty occupied.... I played it a lot this summer actually. But I hate that I missed somebody having the code for the SC2 Beta.

#30 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

I waited years for this game. Bought it the day it came out....played it for about 3 hours and I haven't touched it since. To say I am disappointed with it would be an understatement to say the least.

Don't think I have ever felt so let down by a game. I should probably play it some more really and then decide but it just feel like FF....and it's FF I want to play.

#31 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

I waited years for this game. Bought it the day it came out....played it for about 3 hours and I haven't touched it since. To say I am disappointed with it would be an understatement to say the least.

Don't think I have ever felt so let down by a game. I should probably play it some more really and then decide but it just feel like FF....and it's FF I want to play.

The game doesn't change much. I've been playing a good bit of the day. I just got to the "wide-open" part. It is pretty terrible. You can still see the monsters and just choose to avoid them. And the only difference is that the "path" is much wider. There is still a minimap that tell you where to go.

#32 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

The game doesn't change much. I've been playing a good bit of the day. I just got to the "wide-open" part. It is pretty terrible. You can still see the monsters and just choose to avoid them. And the only difference is that the "path" is much wider. There is still a minimap that tell you where to go.

I would call that insulting myself, I mean there is only one way you CAN go right? It's like saying "this way moron" imho

#33 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Agreed. Brood Wars kept me pretty occupied.... I played it a lot this summer actually. But I hate that I missed somebody having the code for the SC2 Beta.

You can find the threat here..let me look for it.

#34 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

You can find the threat here..let me look for it.

would be nice. preciate it. might be too late now though

I would call that insulting myself, I mean there is only one way you CAN go right? It's like saying "this way moron" imho

ya. and it seems the only side missions are boring and easy... maybe i am being too critical... but i am with Oaken. I wanted to play final fantasy... not some other japanese rpg from level 5 like The White Knight Chronicles... which i also tried and hated. the games are almmost identical in gameplay

#35 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

would be nice. preciate it. might be too late now though

ya. and it seems the only side missions are boring and easy... maybe i am being too critical... but i am with Oaken. I wanted to play final fantasy... not some other japanese rpg from level 5 like The White Knight Chronicles... which i also tried and hated. the games are almmost identical in gameplay

hahahha I said threat...oh well.. Here ya go, but I think hes selling it.

I think Bohguard or someone else has it too..but they were testing it.

http://www.neocodex....aft-2-beta-key/

#36 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

hahahha I said threat...oh well.. Here ya go, but I think hes selling it.

I think Bohguard or someone else has it too..but they were testing it.

http://www.neocodex....aft-2-beta-key/

thanks. I'll take a look into it. I might just end up waiting until the summer. I still have to spend some time trying to graduate.

#37 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

I don't think blaze intends on getting it tbh, he might in several years to come but not right now that's for sure.

#38 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

I don't think blaze intends on getting it tbh, he might in several years to come but not right now that's for sure.

I certainly would not endorse the game after playing it... unless you are a collector or something

#39 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

I certainly would not endorse the game after playing it... unless you are a collector or something

He Does collect games, but generally only ones he likes. I collect books I like and he seems to be the same. He's even got an Atari and Super Nintendo lol.

He wanted me to add he also has a genesis (just got in the mail today).

Edited by Xwee, 30 March 2010 - 02:34 PM.

#40 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

He Does collect games, but generally only ones he likes. I collect books I like and he seems to be the same. He's even got an Atari and Super Nintendo lol.

I gotcha.. well in that case, at least wait til the price goes down. I've started to read a good number of books this last year of college and I have a little collection started. Limited authors though. The Harry Potter books. some Jame Patterson, Dan Brown, and John Grisham.

#41 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

I gotcha.. well in that case, at least wait til the price goes down. I've started to read a good number of books this last year of college and I have a little collection started. Limited authors though. The Harry Potter books. some Jame Patterson, Dan Brown, and John Grisham.

I'll make him wait, we bought soul silver(me) heart gold(him) when they first came out, then the other day we saw someone selling SS for like 23 or so dollars lol.

I would recomend Terry Pratchett's Discworld books if you like parodies, comedy, puns. It may take a few books to get the rhythm of some of the jokes but its well worth the time.

#42 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

I would recomend Terry Pratchett's Discworld books if you like parodies, comedy, puns. It may take a few books to get the rhythm of some of the jokes but its well worth the time.

Thanks, Ill take a look into them. Couldn't hurt.

#43 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thanks, Ill take a look into them. Couldn't hurt.

I sort of "fell in love" with the books, but I have met a few who hated them. Anyways I've got to go for supper so I'll be back on later. Have fun, and I'm sorry about FFXIII it should have been better if FFXII was a good judge of quality. *sigh* PM me if you wanna continue chatting, I'm looking for a series to read as well if you know of a good one (Also Try Eragon)

#44 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

<br />(Also Try Eragon)<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I left those at home actually. Got them for Christmas a couple years ago and haven't remembered to bring them up to school.

#45 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

back in Hs .we had to have 30 mins of mandatory reading.. towards the end because our school was retarded but I ended up reading his Discworld there..It was honestly great..I love Carrot and everyone else..such a great book.

#46 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

I hated mandatory reading. Made it so much worse. But, now that nobody tells me to leave, I love it.

#47 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

I hated mandatory reading.

>Complaining about reading.
>Playing an RPG.

Dood, if you don't want WORDS WORDS WORDS, go play an FPS.

#48 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

>Complaining about reading.
>Playing an RPG.

Dood, if you don't want WORDS WORDS WORDS, go play an FPS.

you're right. Im ahead of you. Been playing MW2 on PS3 for a while now. guess i got everything i needed out of this topic

#49 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

you're right. Im ahead of you. Been playing MW2 on PS3 for a while now. guess i got everything i needed out of this topic

>He still plays Modern Warfare 2.

Posted Image

#50 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

@moosejuice
I have all three that are out and eagerly waiting the fourth and final. Its sort of medieval but has magic in it and an evil tyrant. Sort of covers it all lol.
- I never had any trouble reading a book, I was always the outcast in school (pick on etc...) and so books were my first companionship. We never had it Mandatory but we did have a time where we were allowed to read or draw or something, so long as we were caught up with our work. (which I was half the time, I was such a slacker)

@warriors
I'm like you I can't pick an absolute favorite, one week it might be otto chriek the next it might be angua or mister vimes (not Mr. for those that don't know) or it could even be Death or The Grim Squeeker. Its nice to meet another Discworld fan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users