Photo

Magma Pool help

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

So i was running the greasemonkey script as i went to church on the magma pool. I got back around 10 minutes ago, and i saw the sleeping guard page. A text window from neopets was open that said "get tat pet you lucky bish" or something like that... i know it said bish(wtf?)...

Anyways, I tried to paint my pet and it wouldnt let me... is there a time limit on how long the page can be open? also, is there certain times the guard is sleeping? I hear rumors about like 10 minutes a day thing... if so did i miss today? thanks Posted Image

#2 mercy

mercy
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

I've never done it as I'm not a fan of the magma pets, but were you maybe trying to paint a pet that hasn't been released in magma?

If not it does sound like it times out.

#3 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Im trying for a magma hissi. It gave me the option of painting him, but then it went back to the guard saying i wasnt educated enough Posted Image

Ive seen plenty of them so im sure its been released, i just wanna know wtf is up with that text (is it from the script) and if i missed my chance for today or not

#4 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Yeah. If you leave the page open for too long you're not able to paint.

#5 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

As long as i didnt miss my chance for today ill just keep running it. MUST get that magma hissi :3

#6 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

As long as i didnt miss my chance for today ill just keep running it. MUST get that magma hissi :3

That's the spirit!

#7 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

But what was that text about? the greasemonkey script?

#8 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Yes, It detected the magma pools were open, and opened a window saying "get dat pet" Quite easy to do, However, doesn't sound like a very good script if there is a time limit, if you want I could probably edit it so that it paints the pet for you aswell..

#9 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

That would be really sweet metigue Posted Image

#10 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

Yes, It detected the magma pools were open, and opened a window saying "get dat pet" Quite easy to do, However, doesn't sound like a very good script if there is a time limit, if you want I could probably edit it so that it paints the pet for you aswell..

If you did that, I would love you.
and if it tracked the time,that would also be amazing.

Edited by Cash, 04 April 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

I would indeed love you as well

#12 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

:D that would be helpful. I know the general time frame within an hour or so... How would you tell it what pet to paint?

#13 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Active pet?

#14 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Active pet?

:o if someone could do that :D

#15 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

I would probably just enter when the gaurd is asleep and leave it there, you wouldn't be kicked out afterward would you? lol. I don't have the time atm though xD Should be pretty easy to do.

#16 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

I would probably just enter when the gaurd is asleep and leave it there, you wouldn't be kicked out afterward would you? lol. I don't have the time atm though xD Should be pretty easy to do.

I'm pretty sure that if you missed your 10 minute time slot, you cant paint your pet even if left on the page.
So it would have to be able to paint the pet and hopefully log the time/screenie it?

#17 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you missed your 10 minute time slot, you cant paint your pet even if left on the page.
So it would have to be able to paint the pet and hopefully log the time/screenie it?

I'm pretty sure if you go inside during the 10min time slot and wait there, you wont be kicked out afterwards. But painting the active pet shouldn't be too hard.

#18 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure if you go inside during the 10min time slot and wait there, you wont be kicked out afterwards. But painting the active pet shouldn't be too hard.

It kicked me out because i got to the page in that 10 minute slot, then waited too long :(

#19 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I've gone to the magma pool legit and gotten the guard sleeping.. I got distracted with other tabs for a few minutes {i really dont think it was 10} and I couldn't paint my pet anymore.. So you'll probably have to figure out the time period you can have before it's not valid, or just make it paint your active asap.

#20 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

So i was running the greasemonkey script as i went to church on the magma pool. I got back around 10 minutes ago, and i saw the sleeping guard page. A text window from neopets was open that said "get tat pet you lucky bish" or something like that... i know it said bish(wtf?)...

Anyways, I tried to paint my pet and it wouldnt let me... is there a time limit on how long the page can be open? also, is there certain times the guard is sleeping? I hear rumors about like 10 minutes a day thing... if so did i miss today? thanks Posted Image

XD. Yes. I coded it to pop up the message "Get that pet you lucky bish"

If you can find some sauce, then go ahead. I coded that back when the magma pool first opened and we didn't even know what the sleeping guard looked like, let alone have some page source.

#21 Haus

Haus
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

The Greasemonkey script works really well, good job! I had it running for around 20 minutes, then I got the popup saying "Get that pet you lucky bish" and painted my pet.

I noted the time that the pool opened for me. Does this mean that next week at exactly the same time, I will be able to paint another of my pets?

#22 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

^

Yes, you will be able to.

Edited by Alstroemeria, 02 May 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#23 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

lmfaolol, yes. I just painted another pet magma at the exact same time a few weeks later, which is 11:17 for me.

#24 Haus

Haus
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

lmfaolol, yes. I just painted another pet magma at the exact same time a few weeks later, which is 11:17 for me.

Okay thanks, good to know. :p

#25 KKane

KKane
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

You don't have to have the plot or anything to have permission to use this do you? I guess I'm just confused on where this script is and how It'd benefit me in using it. I'd like to paint my pet magma.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users