So I found a new anime...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

Currently watching "Shugo Chara!" (on episode 7 as I type this) and it is SOOOOO good. Super cute, just what I needed ^ ^
Any other suggestions once I finish this one?
I am caught up with Naruto and Bleach (the manga) so I won't be watching them anytime soon... but I am always looking for others! =P

#2 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

Vampire Knight? Ouran High School Host Club? Death note? IDK.

#3 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

One Piece, Monster(doctor if you like), Blackjack 21(doctor too), Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geas, Skip Beat(awesome)

Edited by Kang2006, 06 May 2010 - 10:28 AM.

#4 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Alstro: I might have to check out death note; heard it was super good.

Kang: I heard one piece is amazing as well =)

Gonna have to look into the others ^^ Woot woot!

Oh, and a few others I liked: Azumanga Daioh, Fruits Basket, uhmmm... forgot the others > <

#5 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Azumanga Daioh is pretty hilarious. I really liked that anime as well.

#6 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lang

Here is my super extended list if you like. I say One Piece is the best of all the battle Shonen anime at the moment

#7 SimDairy

SimDairy
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'm not really sure if you'd like it... try watching Soul Eater (anime). It's a true shonen at heart and is about these kids with all kinds of demon weapons. Although the anime strayed from the manga's storyline near the end (due to the manga being a monthly release while the anime was released weekly and it started to lose some material) and it came to an abrupt end. It was still pretty fun to watch though. I'd say the animation quality was up there especially in the battle scenes. I think the only thing that ran it down the ground was the break in the storyline. It was fun nonetheless. I'd still say the manga is still more worthwhile though.

If you'd like something that makes you say "Awww..." in the end, read Ane Doki! You just have to love the artwork there. Also, the mangaka Mizuki Kawashita tends to produce open-ended stories in her mangas which tends to make the reader think about what really happens in the end (although its usually obvious). You might feel like its a bit hanging, but thats what I love about her mangas. It's also particularly short with only 26 chapters plus an omake in the end which... will spoil the story so I'm not even going to mention it.

Hmm... so much more recommendations to make... But I guess that's enough to keep you a *little* busy.

#8 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

I'm not really sure if you'd like it... try watching Soul Eater (anime). It's a true shonen at heart and is about these kids with all kinds of demon weapons. Although the anime strayed from the manga's storyline near the end (due to the manga being a monthly release while the anime was released weekly and it started to lose some material) and it came to an abrupt end. It was still pretty fun to watch though. I'd say the animation quality was up there especially in the battle scenes. I think the only thing that ran it down the ground was the break in the storyline. It was fun nonetheless. I'd still say the manga is still more worthwhile though.

If you'd like something that makes you say "Awww..." in the end, read Ane Doki! You just have to love the artwork there. Also, the mangaka Mizuki Kawashita tends to produce open-ended stories in her mangas which tends to make the reader think about what really happens in the end (although its usually obvious). You might feel like its a bit hanging, but thats what I love about her mangas. It's also particularly short with only 26 chapters plus an omake in the end which... will spoil the story so I'm not even going to mention it.

Hmm... so much more recommendations to make... But I guess that's enough to keep you a *little* busy.

Only 26 cause it got cut :crybaby: I was into it too.

Edited by Kang2006, 06 May 2010 - 11:20 AM.

#9 SimDairy

SimDairy
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

Only 26 cause it got cut :crybaby: I was into it too.

IKR! Well I guess it didn't get the much-needed support it deserves.Posted Image Although I was finally satisfied with the release of the omake... I love how she ends her mangas that way...

Edited by SimDairy, 06 May 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#10 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

Omg soooo many! Woootz! I loved Cardcaptor Sakura too. I have a thing for cheesy powers I think. That and SUPER cutesy/hilarious things like Azumanga Daioh. I got SUPER addicted to bleach and caught up with the anime in like 1 week from episode 1... I had like no life, so sad.. Hahahaha.

#11 SimDairy

SimDairy
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Omg soooo many! Woootz! I loved Cardcaptor Sakura too. I have a thing for cheesy powers I think. That and SUPER cutesy/hilarious things like Azumanga Daioh. I got SUPER addicted to bleach and caught up with the anime in like 1 week from episode 1... I had like no life, so sad.. Hahahaha.

You like cute?!? Have a whiff of K-ON! Feast on that! Haha!!!Posted Image

Sidenote: Don't worry, I caught up with the One Piece manga in 6 days so there are definitely worse cases of addiction...

Edited by SimDairy, 06 May 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#12 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

If you want comedy watch wallflower, haruhi suyumiya, Skip Beat, Great Teach Onizuka

#13 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

OMG. Onizuka is great! COMPETELY forgot about it.... I watched it with my anime club back in high school... gosh that was forever ago! Hahahahah

#14 SimDairy

SimDairy
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

If you want comedy watch wallflower, haruhi suyumiya, Skip Beat, Great Teach Onizuka

I loved GTO! Watched it when I was still a kid and kept on laughing at the "WcDonald's" bit... (one of the few things that I regret doing) Haha! Watched it again and realized how much funnier it is once you've acquired some wit. Posted Image

#15 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

I loved GTO! Watched it when I was still a kid and kept on laughing at the "WcDonald's" bit... (one of the few things that I regret doing) Haha! Watched it again and realized how much funnier it is once you've acquired some wit. Posted Image

Isn't it great understanding things better after rewatching them? I found that to be true with Final Fantasy X; I know its a video game, but I loved it before I even could comprehend the storyline. When shows or games can do that: appeal to an array of audiences, it just makes them THAT much better ^ ^

#16 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT

Seriously, the three greatest anime series IMO. Greatest. Ever. You've gotta watch through them! :p

#17 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

what's shugo about?

#18 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

I was SUPER addicted to Dragonball Z when it was on cartoon network, but I never watched the rest of it lol. It was good though ^ ^

#19 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT

Seriously, the three greatest anime series IMO. Greatest. Ever. You've gotta watch through them! :p

GT really fell short on the series. It wasnt as exciting as DBZ. I hated Goku tiny form too. It was WEAK!

#20 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

DBZ was amazing... haha I have to admit I loved watching Sailor Moon too! =P

#21 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

Since you like tennis, watch Prince of Tennis. It's my absolute fav

#22 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

I love tennis, and I liked PoT, but I stopped watching it for some reason... idk why...

#23 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

I loved the ending :x3: I wanted more though. Like Ryoma in pro state.

#24 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

I loved the ending :x3: I wanted more though. Like Ryoma in pro state.

I only got to like episode 70... maybe I should watch a bit more? =P

#25 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

I only got to like episode 70... maybe I should watch a bit more? =P

You should. It gets much better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users