Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

You should. It gets much better.

Alrighty... guess Ill think about it ;)

#27 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:47 AM

Random... But this is my fav scene from Azumanga Daioh.

http://www.youtube.c...eos=4Wy5urVl8l4

How do you emb videos?

Edited by Alstroemeria, 07 May 2010 - 04:48 AM.

#28 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:00 AM

How do you emb videos?

OMG OMG OMG OMG ROFLMFAO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is my fave:

<333333333333333333333333333333333333333

#29 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:19 AM

hayate no gotoku
Higurashi no naku koro ni

#30 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

My sister used to watch Shugo Chara. I think she might still read the manga.
I don't have any recommendations because I don't watch that kind of anime, or any kind of anime these days.

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT

Although I like the series, it's also 508 episodes long, which is about 170 hours for all of it, and unless the person has a LOT of free time on their hands, I wouldn't recommend watching the DB series, you'll most likely watch some then stop halfway through.

Focus on some shorter series, you'll be able to get more "bang for your buck" with the same time it would have taken to just watch all of Dragon Ball.

#32 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Was just recommended "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" (A Certain Scientific Railgun). Don't think it's out in America yet, so hope you don't mind Fansubs for the time being.
It's actually so good that I'll be pre-ordering it if/as soon as it's available to.
Not typically a fan of the new style of animation (versus the classic hand drawn like Ranma 1/2) but it's really quite beautiful in terms of design, color, etc.
Great story, pretty funny. Haven't gotten too far into it but it got & kept my attention since episode one.

Plot Summary: Academy City is a highly developed place in terms of technology. It is said to be 20 to 30 years ahead of the rest of the world. 80% of it's 2.3 million residents are students. The focus of studies here is directed towards esper powers. Misaka Mikoto, one of the top level espers in town, shares a room with Kuroko Shirai, another high level esper who is a member of Judgement, a law enforcing agency composed of students. Both attend to Tokiwadai, a private school reserved for the high-leveled and the rich. Kuroko's partner at Judgement, Kazari Uiharu, is a low level esper who studies at Sakugawa middle school. Her best friend and classmate there is Ruiko Saten, a level zero (no esper powers). Together, the four encounter several adventures in the exciting scientific town. The To Aru Kagaku no Railgun side story is based on Kamachi's original story set in Academy City, a city where about 80% of its 230,000 citizens are students. The story deals with the adventures of Misaka Mikoto, one of the Level 5 psychics in the To Aru Majutsu no Index light novels.

Only thing I (my fiance) didn't like was the "fan service". lol :p

Posted Image

Edited by dawnknight, 08 May 2010 - 01:00 AM.

#33 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

Although I like the series, it's also 508 episodes long, which is about 170 hours for all of it, and unless the person has a LOT of free time on their hands, I wouldn't recommend watching the DB series, you'll most likely watch some then stop halfway through.

Focus on some shorter series, you'll be able to get more "bang for your buck" with the same time it would have taken to just watch all of Dragon Ball.

That much? That's why I felt like arriving in the year 3000 when I finished it a few months ago..

#34 sexymama

sexymama
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

i recommend you

Uraboku

Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious ability. He was found in the bushes as a baby and adopted by his current family. Because of this, Yuki strives for independence. The last thing he wants is to be a burden to anybody. Furthermore, when he touches others, he can feel their emotions. Unable to control his ability, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. With death threats and his abilities increasing, what will happen when a man claiming to be his older brother appears?

#35 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

i recommend you

Uraboku

Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious ability. He was found in the bushes as a baby and adopted by his current family. Because of this, Yuki strives for independence. The last thing he wants is to be a burden to anybody. Furthermore, when he touches others, he can feel their emotions. Unable to control his ability, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. With death threats and his abilities increasing, what will happen when a man claiming to be his older brother appears?

I'll look into this as well.

Btw: THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!

I am on episode 50 of Shugo Chara, so it might be QUITE a while before I can see all of them, but at least I have good references :kirby:

#36 Wangalang

Wangalang
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Toradora >.>

Also, Dragonball GT is a piece of shit. Toriyama didn't lay a hand on it.
The animation was terrible, the story arcs sucked, and the explosions could have been created by Dragonball Z Krillin.

#37 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

This entire list is pretty accurate. I've seen most of the top rated animes except for maybe the episodic ones.

http://anidb.net/per...o.update=update

Although I'm not watching the ones currently airing.

And toradora is a very good anime also.

#38 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

How do you emb videos?

haahhahah I remember this. love it

#39 Kokuen

Kokuen
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

A great anime movie is called "Origin: Spirits of the Past."

I recommend it. n_n
And of course, any
Hayao Miyazaki film.

#40 Fuzz

Fuzz
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

The first season of Shugo Chara was actually quite good, though it started to get dumber and dumber during the second season titled Shugo Chara Doki! I ended up dropping it at around episode 70.

I strongly recommend any of Makoto Shinkai's anime movies, especially his latest one: 5 centimeters per second. Really touching, best anime movie ever!  :cool:  
Also, like someone else recommended above me, Toradora is quite good too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users