Ironman 2

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

So what did you guys think of Ironman 2? I'm personally not going to see it until next weekend, this weekend is going to be way too busy.

#2 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

http://www.movies-li...ies/iron_man_2/

No comments cause didnt even see first one.

#3 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

7.9 rating from me.

It was a good movie but putting too much stuff in made none of it too good. Scarlett's character did pretty much nothing - along with many other characters. The fight scenes were too short - surrounded by too much flying.

#4 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I didn't see the first one either, so I probably won't watch the second one. Right now I'm trying to get my hands on Transformers 2 the first one was pretty good considering..

#5 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

I didn't see the first one either, so I probably won't watch the second one. Right now I'm trying to get my hands on Transformers 2 the first one was pretty good considering..

Xwee..Transformers 2 is ten times horrible..I also didn't like the first one but it was decent..

#6 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Uhm, it took away some of the charm of the first one and Stark ends up being a bit less of a dick, I didn't like it much.

#7 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

not much positive feedback... Im still going to watch it regardless but now im not looking forward to it as much.

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Uhm, it took away some of the charm of the first one and Stark ends up being a bit less of a dick, I didn't like it much.

Whaaat? Being a dick is part of his charm :c

not much positive feedback... Im still going to watch it regardless but now im not looking forward to it as much.

Probably the same. Don't know what else I should have expected from a sequel. There are some exceptions, but most times they end up bad.

#9 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Probably the same. Don't know what else I should have expected from a sequel. There are some exceptions, but most times they end up bad.

yeah, usually. The only exceptions I can think of are the Dark Knight and Spiderman( 2 & 3 )

#10 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

i saw it two night ago here in aus and loved it

#11 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I saw the first one - personally thought it was pretty cool.

However, I am also going to be one of the ones who see Ironman 2 the next weekend - this weekend is also way too busy for me. I've got major exams coming up. Hoping I'll do well though - though I am cramming a bit... Stupid procrastination habits :crybaby:

#12 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

thats what I said :p he ended up being less of a douchebag in this film, which is why I didn't like it :p

#13 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

im watching it next week o.0

#14 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

thats what I said :p he ended up being less of a douchebag in this film, which is why I didn't like it :p

It matters that much?

I think the way the last bad guy robot (can't remember his name) got killed in the first one. And how the first thing he said after being rescued was that he wanted a cheeseburger. His douchebagginess is fine either way, with or without IMO. :p

#15 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

So why is everyone watching it next week?

#16 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

So why is everyone watching it next week?

Most likely reason:

They can't make it this week.

#17 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

Xwee..Transformers 2 is ten times horrible..I also didn't like the first one but it was decent..

Oh, thanks for the warning, blaze won't like it much though he grew up on the show. So he'd probably end up more angry with the second one than he was with the first one. I guess we'll do what we did last time, rent then buy. (not much wasted money if the movie is just rented ($3.50))

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

I actually saw it today.

Good movie, some good jokes and explosions, thought the action scenes were a little jumpy though, would have been better if we knew what exactly was going on half the time.

Also I laughed when I walked out of the theater and saw the remaining four showings that night were completely sold out, and so many people were upset.

#19 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

I watched it today, and I give it an 8.5/10. :p

#20 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

I saw the midnight showing and the theater was maybe half full.
The movie was good.

#21 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:01 AM

If it is almost as good as the first one then it will be worth the watch and money. If not, oh well.

#22 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:53 AM

The ending was the most anti-climatic thing ever, like the final fight lasted like seconds. really? -.-

Most of the movie was good until then though

#23 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

why were scarlet's fight scenes so choppy and the fight scene so short? All that happened in the last 15 minutes was a short fight and 13 minutes of flying. Shitty

#24 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

The ending was the most anti-climatic thing ever, like the final fight lasted like seconds. really? -.-

Most of the movie was good until then though

Are you talking about the first, or the second?

Maybe I need to learn to be more critical. :p I loved the ending - the guy died epically. I love pretty much every movie, though.

#25 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:22 AM

Basically for me... it was like:
1.Oh look a bunch of robots, lets kill them.
2. Well that was easy (no shit)
3. Fuck, badass villain coming.
4. Wow, took like 2 seconds to own him
5. And they are all gonna asplode. classy. *really? is this the best they could think of? I thought whiplash was fucking epic until he got owned so easily, and his whole plan was to have everything blow up. Did he really think Iron man would get hurt? it took tony stark like no time at all to save pepper either. Pitiful

My point is, the last fight from iron man 1 actually expressed a struggle for the characters, with facial expression showing actual difficulty. This last fight may have been cool at some points, but it seemed like a walk in the park. No actual struggle on iron mans part at all. Maybe for like an instant when whiplash had him, but it was retard easy to escape his hold on them

/rant

Edited by ThaMan, 08 May 2010 - 07:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users