Photo

90's Kids, Unite

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 Myste

Myste
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:12 AM

This thread looks like my childhood, though being born in 1986.. Kinda out a few years, but i guess having younger siblings helped x)
I still have tonnes of pokemon cards, my original GB, I watched most the programs you guys have said, memorably Dinosaurs, Freakazoid, Doug, fresh prince (is it sad i brought some of those on Dvd? xD) Hey Arnold the list goes on, I remember always waking up to watch x-men xD Crystal Maze!

When furbys came out i remember pestering my dad to get me one, i wanted one so bad, then my brothers stole it when i got one for my birthday and just taught it to swear, lol..

Those were the days :}

#52 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

They really are bricks, if you're talking about the original gameboy. But that was earlier, even late 1980s I think. Not really 90s at all.

Gotta love lion king and the first Aladdin. Those were the height of Disney.

What about crazy bones?

NA release was July 31, 1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy

By the time most of us got one, and when the games REALLY started coming out it would be the 90's ;)

#53 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:09 AM

I remember when Dial-up was *almost* acceptable :p

-Tamagotchi (first gen.)

-Beanie Babies (briefly)

More will come, I'm sure.

When Gwen Stefani was in a band... No Doubt or while we're on that note how about... Smashmouth, Lit, Chumbawumba, Our Lady Peace and plenty more lol

Or how about when we watched cartoons on digital cable, on our CRT fish eye'd TVs...

Saved By The Bell
Fresh Prince of Bel Aire
Full House
Home Improvement
The Simpsons (when they were cool)

For books you had:
(When you got older maybe you read the "Redwall" series of books by Brian Jaques...)
Goosebumps
Hardy Boys or for you ladys Nancy Drew
Tin Tin

Ohh and Disney movies were cool... Sega Genesis 16-bit was the SHIZZZZZZZZ... And you actually RENTED movies from Blockbuster

#54 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:08 AM

I remember begging my parents for dial up. when it still costs alot.

#55 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Ohh and Disney movies were cool...

lulz Heavy Weights.

#56 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

I was born in 96 so I'm not much of a 90s kid heh
- The huge popularity of Pokemon trading cards - Uh huh over 300 at least :shifty:
- You've read 'Goosebumps' - Totally love them - Remembered 2 years back I went to watch em at Youtube - Mesmerized with their books :rolleyes:
- You always wanted to send in a tape to "America's Funniest Home Videos" but never did tape anything funny. - Don't have that thought but I do watch that show :thumbsup:
The rest not really :x.
But I remember loving Hi - 5 when I was really young and I would wait for 5 PM when it airs and I only watch the TV. I can smile at the old days

#57 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hardy Boys or for you ladys Nancy Drew

LOL I read both of them, and the Box Car Children.

I liked Goosebumps best of all tbh, and as for hardy boys I liked it best when they were kids before they became adults. I remember in 200# getting a Computer game for Nancy Drew, not sure when that came out tbh, but I had it lol.

#58 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

- The huge popularity of Pokemon trading cards Yes
- You can remember a time when you didn't own a computer, and getting access to the internet was the coolest thing ever Yes
- You took a plastic cartoon lunch box to school. YesYesYesYes
- You've read 'Goosebumps' No
- You can sing along to the "Fresh Price of Bel Air" theme song Yes
- You always wanted to send in a tape to "America's Funniest Home Videos" but never did tape anything funny. No
- You remember the Furby, and Pogs Yes
- Captain Planet Yes
- You remember how annoying it was to always have to rewind VHS tapes Yes
YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

I had pogo sticks, hula hoops, the works ahahahaha =)

EDIT: Oh yeah and ROLLER BLADES were the SHIT!

Edited by jcrgirl, 17 June 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#59 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

Bop It. Skip It. Fuck it, I miss my Yo Yo.

#60 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

I remember begging my parents for dial up. when it still costs alot.

When AOL was cool

#61 Alexa

Alexa
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

- The huge popularity of Pokemon trading cards - I had a huge collection!
- You can remember a time when you didn't own a computer, and getting access to the internet was the coolest thing ever -I remember not knowing what google was!
- You took a plastic cartoon lunch box to school. - I had a barbie one
- You've read 'Goosebumps' - And I was actually scared
- You can sing along to the "Fresh Price of Bel Air" theme song I don't even know what that is!
- You always wanted to send in a tape to "America's Funniest Home Videos" but never did tape anything funny. Yes
- You remember the Furby, and Pogs Yes
- Captain Planet Yes
- You remember how annoying it was to always have to rewind VHS tapes Omg YES!

I would have to add:

- Having to go to the library to do a research.

#62 AlanI

AlanI
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

I still remember fighting my brothers every night to see who'd get 1 hour of internet and spending all night downloading one song which I had carefuly chosen. Good times indeed.

#63 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

I remember all that! When ever i'm felling down I search on youtube for 90's kids and all the memories! I was actually born in 89 but wasn't actually on the age scale of 1 until 90's so I'm a 90's kids! awwwwwww the memories, these days there is nothing like it use to be which is a shame :(

#64 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

I remember all that! When ever i'm felling down I search on youtube for 90's kids and all the memories! I was actually born in 89 but wasn't actually on the age scale of 1 until 90's so I'm a 90's kids! awwwwwww the memories, these days there is nothing like it use to be which is a shame :(

Relax. Eventually you will die and everything will be okay :)

#65 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

i remember watching thunder cats and he man and enjoying it now it just feels boring

#66 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Relax. Eventually you will die and everything will be okay :)

Awww how cold lol
This thread just makes me wanna post this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNo5rODhRFM

Edited by Quil, 18 June 2010 - 09:28 AM.

#67 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Being born in 87/88 still makes you a 90's kid because you don't really remember any of the 80's, so 89 is definitely 90's kid (same here). :p

#68 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Being born in 87/88 still makes you a 90's kid because you don't really remember any of the 80's, so 89 is definitely 90's kid (same here). :p

I figure if you were a kid throughout the 90's, you're a 90's kid (I was 1989. Woo, I lived seven months in the 80's. Whoopdee-fucking-doo)

Edited by Puppetmaster, 18 June 2010 - 11:02 AM.

#69 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

They played this when I was getting out of Middle School XD

#70 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

I wished they play this song at my graduation.

But no, it was boring, with talk of the future and what good students we were.

#71 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

It was my 6th grade graduation, so they played this one for me.. wasn't hard to find considering I could only remember some of it. Obviously I lived in Arkansas.. and we had to SING the song... unfortunately it was punctuated with me coughing.

#72 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

I remember about 99% of the things in that picture. I also remember watching zelda and mario when it was on tv.

Oh, someone stole my charizard in elementary and my mom managed to get it back for me :)

Charizard was worth like 100$ then. Anyone remember the goosebumps series? It was awesome back then but cartoon network reaired it a few years ago and now I noticed the incredibly bad actors and corniness.

The 90's in nickelodeon were awesome. They had all sorts of sports things and competitions. Unfortunately nickelodeon figured out they wouldn't make much money doing that anymore and stopped(I guess). They also got rid of live audiences for some reason.

One of my favorite tv shows also was The Wonder Years with Fred Savage. They obviously reairred it a bunch durin the 90's (I was born in 1990) But it's a great show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094582/

#73 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

RE: Nickelodeon

I still remember Stick Stickley's mailing address thanks to that song he sang.

Write to me
Stick Stickley
P.O. Box 963
New York City
New York State

#74 Makayla

Makayla
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

AHHH!!! real monsters.

oh god.
90's cartoons are the shit.

#75 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

RE: Nickelodeon

I still remember Stick Stickley's mailing address thanks to that song he sang.

Write to me
Stick Stickley
P.O. Box 963
New York City
New York State

OMG and I thought I was the only one! o,0!!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users