Quantcast

Photo

A question about "jailbreaking" a device.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

I have an iPad now and am looking into jailbreaking it. I understand the concept and looked up info on the net but I can't find the answer to 3 questions. Maybe someone here can help, someone who has an iPhone they jailbroke?

If I jailbreak my iPad can it still connect to iTunes , if so is it dangerous to do so and could they tell I did jailbreak it?
Can it be restored to factory settings easily and how do I do that?
If a firmware update is released can I just restore it factory, update it and then jailbreak it again?

Edited by chobitz, 14 June 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

There shouldn't be any problem connecting it to iTunes. There wasn't when I jailbroke my iPhone.

As far as the other two, I don't remember how easy it was to restore my iPhone, but you can restore it, update it and re-break it once it's done (and the new firmware is cracked, of course).

#3 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

I have an iPad now and am looking into jailbreaking it. I understand the concept and looked up info on the net but I can't find the answer to 3 questions. Maybe someone here can help, someone who has an iPhone they jailbroke?

If I jailbreak my iPad can it still connect to iTunes , if so is it dangerous to do so and could they tell I did jailbreak it?
Can it be restored to factory settings easily and how do I do that?
If a firmware update is released can I just restore it factory, update it and then jailbreak it again?

1.If its anything like the ipod touch or iphone you should have no problems connecting to itunes
2.Yes it can and how to do it is connect the ipad to the computer click the device in itunes (example:Chobitz's ipad)
and click restore to factory settings
3 unless you want the jailbreak to be gone and all cydia/rock apps gone after the update besure there is an jailbreak for that firmware

well hope i helped! :)

#4 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

I have a few more questions..

After I jailbreak it do I no longer sync it to iTunes and if I can't how do I get things d/led from iTunes? Do I just drag and drop?

How do I back up the iPad after I jailbreak? Do I use iTunes or just back it up like a hard drive?

#5 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

nothing should happen when you sync and click back up in itunes on the device page but ive never tried backing up while its JBed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users