super/system abrosia

• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#226 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

It's not necessary, but i've been at it for a couple of months and haven't gotten anywhere near the profits Scot has, so i reckon it must help a lot.

Click Here to go to the subscriptions page.

#227 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

If ABing ever did that well for me it would be a miracle. I'm getting better at it though. Thanks for sharing your story and info.

#228 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:47 PM

All hail the holy one they call "Scot".

#229 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

My settings are pretty high (4.5-7.5 seconds) and yet I still get only a few items an hour, if not just 1.
I'm in spooky, and the pharmacy but still; barely any items.
Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong, because I used to get around 20-30. Now it seems to be missing a lot of things.

#230 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:48 AM

My settings are pretty high (4.5-7.5 seconds) and yet I still get only a few items an hour, if not just 1.
I'm in spooky, and the pharmacy but still; barely any items.
Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong, because I used to get around 20-30. Now it seems to be missing a lot of things.

maybe you are having a bad streak. you can either a. try your luck at different shops b. ab at a different time of day or c. ride it out

without long term data I recommend A and B

#231 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:53 AM

If it's MISSING items, then it generally means more competition in that shop.

If it's just not finding any items to buy, then it's possibly due to the fact that restocking has been quite slow lately.

It'll go for a couple of hours without nothing, then it would miss like 7 items in a row.
I started Abrosia 50 minutes ago, and still nothing.
I made my settings higher, so it should technically be able to get more stuff when they restock.

maybe you are having a bad streak. you can either a. try your luck at different shops b. ab at a different time of day or c. ride it out

without long term data I recommend A and B

Hmm. I've generally gotten some good items, and lots of them in those shops. I guess I'll just switch it up. And I do restock, at all times of the day. Same issue.

#232 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

soul is right, there are much more people abing than there were 9 months ago when I joined. Also consider the load of people that are currently displaced by the faerie shops going offline, where will they go?

#233 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

Naive to think that there are more people ABing now then there were 9 months ago.

AB's have been actively working on Neopets since 2001... It's not likely that there are a SIGNIFICANTLY more number of people ABing now then there was 9 months ago... But it is likely that there are more people in that particular shop as they've noticed fewer restocks lately and are trying different shops.

I'm looking at the net effect of the release of Abrosia since the release dude. How many more abers did we just add to neopets by opening a brand new product marketed towards the lay user? And I'm not talking about the daily fluctuations in profits either. I've actually mentioned in the OP that profits steadily decreased over a 4 month period(5 months since I kept data beyond the trial). Variance may explain day to day differences but trends don't lie.

#234 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

Naive to think that there are more people ABing now then there were 9 months ago.

AB's have been actively working on Neopets since 2001... It's not likely that there are a SIGNIFICANTLY more number of people ABing now then there was 9 months ago... But it is likely that there are more people in that particular shop as they've noticed fewer restocks lately and are trying different shops.

I feel like there should be more and more people joining the cheaters and using AB's.
Look at how fast the forum (not that it says anything concrete) is expanding, most of the people posting are recently joined users. Couple that with those who aren't posting, and those who have been using the AB's since 2001 - I'd say the pool of people using AB is probably larger. If you think about it, even a few more people using AB's would make a big difference.

Shops don't restock 100 items at a time, maybe a couple. At any once restock - there are what like 30-50 new items (in some shops, a lot less in others). Now think about how many of those items are worth reselling and then divide that by the number of restockers. Even if you increase that number by 1 or 2, you'll notice a difference in how many items you're getting.

#235 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

soul is right, there are much more people abing than there were 9 months ago when I joined. Also consider the load of people that are currently displaced by the faerie shops going offline, where will they go?

I didn't think about the faerie shops going offline... good point. But how good is restocking at the faerie shops anyways?

#236 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

I feel like there should be more and more people joining the cheaters and using AB's.
Look at how fast the forum (not that it says anything concrete) is expanding, most of the people posting are recently joined users. Couple that with those who aren't posting, and those who have been using the AB's since 2001 - I'd say the pool of people using AB is probably larger. If you think about it, even a few more people using AB's would make a big difference.

It's impossible to say, despite feeling like there would be more AB'ers. I started AB'ing back in '02 or '03 and I vividly remember about 3 different AB programs and some small sites which had a rebranded version. Now, all I know of are just two. If anything, the proportion of people who use AB's would stay the same but the actual number would fluctuate depending on Neopet's popularity.

#237 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:07 AM

I didn't think about the faerie shops going offline... good point. But how good is restocking at the faerie shops anyways?

me neither. but i don't think abing at the faerie shops is very lucrative... well, i've never tried, lol.

#238 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

Faerie shops are generally not profitable so it doesn't really matter if they are temporary out of service.

Edited by flashraven, 02 October 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#239 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

How long does it usually take for you to get rid of your lower profit items? I've been thinking of trying different underpricing schemes to see how well they correlate with how fast I can get rid of them. This would have been great thing to delve further into, except it didn't occur to me the whole notion of demand 'til like 30 minutes later -.-

#240 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

How long does it usually take for you to get rid of your lower profit items? I've been thinking of trying different underpricing schemes to see how well they correlate with how fast I can get rid of them. This would have been great thing to delve further into, except it didn't occur to me the whole notion of demand 'til like 30 minutes later -.-

It's all about the demand for the item. I still have a number of items that I AB'd sitting in my shop. I've got them priced at (or some even below) what I paid for them. They're the cheapest on the shop wiz by far, as I just want to get rid of them and free some space, but there's just no demand for the item, so it's likely just going to sit for the longest time.

Edited by sc4fps3, 06 October 2010 - 05:12 AM.

#241 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

wow... very nice :o

#242 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

That's the problem I'm finding with ABing in smaller shops. Patience isn't my strong suit, either. It wouldn't be so bad, but I need to sell these items to get some pure. The only assets I've got are about 45k pure on hand and my BD set, which I'm not touching.

#243 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

It's all about the demand for the item. I still have a number of items that I AB'd sitting in my shop. I've got them priced at (or some even below) what I paid for them. They're the cheapest on the shop wiz by far, as I just want to get rid of them and free some space, but there's just no demand for the item, so it's likely just going to sit for the longest time.

Agreed, without demand your items won't move

Btw, nice statistics there :)

#244 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

It's been three weeks and I'm still having the same issue. I tried changing around shops but it hasn't really made a difference. I'm not sure what other shops to go to considering pharmacy and spooky food are the only ones I've ever made a profit at. Any further advice would be appreciated.

#245 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

I was RSing in Spooky foods for a while, and I got 3 Snorkle Snouts while they were still about 200-300K each. Since the decline in price of just about everything, I've moved on to other shops, and haven't had any luck since. =(

#246 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

I was RSing in Spooky foods for a while, and I got 3 Snorkle Snouts while they were still about 200-300K each. Since the decline in price of just about everything, I've moved on to other shops, and haven't had any luck since. =(

What's with all the deflation these days? Are shops just stocking a lot more? Seems a lot of items have deflated.

#247 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

What's with all the deflation these days? Are shops just stocking a lot more? Seems a lot of items have deflated.

I could be wrong but I think Key Quest started giving out Snorkle Snouts recently.

#248 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

So just wondering, but I havent seen profits anywhere close to that. Is this because in order to make anything more than 10k a day you need to be an advanced member?

#249 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

So just wondering, but I havent seen profits anywhere close to that. Is this because in order to make anything more than 10k a day you need to be an advanced member?

It may help, but you can do things similarly if you just load your own AB lists. I'm assuming you just rotated around those shops manually, Scot? Or can you like, input all those shop IDs and then it automatically rotates around after x amount of time? Kind of like how the AB does it if you're not an Advanced Member?

Edited by Vendectus, 20 October 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#250 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Oh you can enter more than 1 shop in the manual list ? And i'm assuming if you can it will just be 45 minutes in each.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super/system, abrosia

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users