Super/System

super/system abrosia

• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#126 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

how do you get such a high number of items per day lol, the maximum i've hit for letting it run for about 4 hours is 6 items -.-

Same for me, but it might make a bit of a difference to have an advanced account later aswell :S

#127 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

Same for me, but it might make a bit of a difference to have an advanced account later aswell :S

woah what do you have your minimum profit set to to only get 6 items? and are you using a list or default? im getting around 40-50 every 3-4 hours and i don't have advanced

#128 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

woah what do you have your minimum profit set to to only get 6 items? and are you using a list or default? im getting around 40-50 every 3-4 hours and i don't have advanced

Wow. I think I'm doing something wrong. I get considerably more than 6, but nowhere near as many as you. Profit is set at either 1500 or 2000, I think. The problem could be with my location or the times I'm RSing, though - I've already noticed that I get more buys in the evening (around 5pm NST, I believe) than in the afternoon, so I'm switching that. Do you think I should lower my profit level?

#129 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Wow. I think I'm doing something wrong. I get considerably more than 6, but nowhere near as many as you. Profit is set at either 1500 or 2000, I think. The problem could be with my location or the times I'm RSing, though - I've already noticed that I get more buys in the evening (around 5pm NST, I believe) than in the afternoon, so I'm switching that. Do you think I should lower my profit level?

well its a preference thing, i'd personally rather get more itmes at a lower profit, but that doesnt mean that all the items i RS are cheap... im rsing about 2 ubs a day, and around 40 lower profit items (1k-50k) lower it if you'd like, just play around till you find settings that work... and it's also luck on when you catch RS cycles, as well as time of day.. i rsed 21 items the first two hours i ran it this morning, and i got 0 in the last hour

#130 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

well its a preference thing, i'd personally rather get more itmes at a lower profit, but that doesnt mean that all the items i RS are cheap... im rsing about 2 ubs a day, and around 40 lower profit items (1k-50k) lower it if you'd like, just play around till you find settings that work... and it's also luck on when you catch RS cycles, as well as time of day.. i rsed 21 items the first two hours i ran it this morning, and i got 0 in the last hour

Two UBs a day? That's seriously awesome. Aren't people having problems with the server at the moment? That could be why you've got zilch in the past hour. Thanks for the info, I'll keep playing with my settings.

#131 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

I also get a really low number of items, but my account is about a week old.

Even on my 1 year account it did the same though.
Not quite sure. =\
My profit was set to about 3000.

#132 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

I also get a really low number of items, but my account is about a week old.

Even on my 1 year account it did the same though.
Not quite sure. =\
My profit was set to about 3000.

well your profit is too high for you to expect the amount of items i'm getting... i wont tell you my exact profit but it's less than half of that ;) trust me it works, little by little you'll make money...

#133 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

Is it bad to say how much profit you put on your settings?

#134 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

not at all. we just like sometimes to have our own perfect/secret settings :)

#135 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

not at all. we just like sometimes to have our own perfect/secret settings :)

ya exactly, it's a secret perfect setting...i doubt giving you my exact number would change anything but i'll keep it to myself lol...just set it much much lower for at least one day and see how well you do

#136 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

meh other peoples settings dont matter that much
everyone has a different internet connection and in the end that's what it comes down too

#137 Ebil

Ebil
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well, I haven't really been following your guide to the T, but I took your advice of playing it very, very safe and sticking with only small shops. I decided not to buy a shell and to just make a Newbie account and use Abrosia. I used the suggested times you said and for how long to AB for a day (got a really nice schedule logged in that looks really human and is like 5-7 hours a day with breaks and "sleep" time. So far I've made a really good amount for just doing little shops like Pharmacy and Chocolate. I really never figured ABing was so profitable without getting unbuyables. Thanks so much for all of the advice, I appreciate it so much! You teach us that in this situation, Quantity is for sure the better choice over Quality.

#138 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

1200 is a good profit margin to go for. It allows that cusion for errors in the database, but most items you get will be at least a little profitable.

I also price my items at .85 percent of the average. Dunno if that helps anyone.

#139 Vivan

Vivan
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

I'm going to be doing a very similar experiment to this, but using a completely new account, rather than a 1 month old one.

#140 KingMilford

KingMilford
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Great work. I just started this today. :)

To the experienced AB'ers

Do you guys usually compile your own item lists or do you just use the neocodex item database?

If you do make your own lists, what are the advantages of doing so?

Thanks.

#141 Nuelcaz

Nuelcaz
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Wow inspiring.

#142 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Great work. I just started this today. :)

To the experienced AB'ers

Do you guys usually compile your own item lists or do you just use the neocodex item database?

If you do make your own lists, what are the advantages of doing so?

Thanks.

i've tried both and i've found using the neocodex database is far superior. using a list, the only main advantage is that it only AB's the items you want, so you can avoid hts and such if you dont want them, plus you can set a specific price margin. however the big downside is those items you choose dont always restock, while the item database's ones have a much broader range and so restock a lot more often. also making a list means that you're missing out on the great features of abrosia which allow it to update the database constantly. this means that if abrosia finds a new item today and adds it to the database, you won't restock it with your list because it doesnt list it in there, item database is constantly updated (list you have to do manually)

#143 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

i always use 5000 as profit margin
not because of the 'mistakes' in the DB but because some items deflate real fast and you have to sell for a loss even though you priced the items at the lowest
though i dont get sooo many items then
but if you get 40 a day, you have to invest in your shop as well and those numbers get real high pretty fast - you have to make enough profit to make up for that

Edited by sayumi, 02 August 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#144 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

I do not use the AB for two weeks, but rereading the TPC, I saw the statistics and saw how to profit from all

#145 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

The OP won Neopets.

#146 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

OP?

#147 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

Original poster.

#148 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

Let's pretend that I understood

#149 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

The person that originally started this topic?

#150 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Ahhh, yes
lol
I'm so tired of the job, which I'm not understanding what I'm reading

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super/system, abrosia

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users