Photo

Can anyone help me out?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

So, I need to save things like photoshop and itunes to blank CD's to put them on my laptop. (Can I even do this with photoshop, or would I be better off downloading it again from PB? o__O) Anyways, my computer's a retard (or maybe it's just me ._.') and won't read any CD's. Like, it'll tell me to insert a blank CD and I will, but since the computer doesn't read it, it just says nothings there. :/ Anyone know what's wrong?

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Sounds like it's time to replace the drive perhaps?

CD/DVD burner combos are pretty cheap

#3 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Fuckkkk. Well, that sucks since i'm leaving in a day and I wanted to put everything on my laptop before I left. Wonderful.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Before I left to Washington a few months ago my dad somehow managed to put my itunes on a disc.
It works sometimes whenever I want to play a game, so could it just be dirty or something like that?

Oh, and another thing, the person i'm going to stay with for the next few months doesn't have any internet. Is there anyway I can leech off the neighbors? And if it's password protected, am I just fucked? D:

#4 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Download it at home before you get there?

#5 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Well downloading itunes/limewire and re-downloading all my music is what i'm trying to avoid. But if it's the only option then I guess I have to <_<

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

If there's an unsecured network, you're golden. If it's WEP protected, you'd have to brute-force, and that ain't happening for a little internet.

#7 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

Or I could just seduce the neighbors into giving me the password :rolleyes:

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

If there's an unsecured network, you're golden. If it's WEP protected, you'd have to brute-force, and that ain't happening for a little internet.

Lol.

WEP can be cracked in 10 seconds. WPA2 on the other hand... You need a bit more time (A few hundred years?)

#9 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Lol.

WEP can be cracked in 10 seconds. WPA2 on the other hand... You need a bit more time (A few hundred years?)

Are you assuming that he has brute=forcing tools readily at his disposal..... or is there a more sinister method?

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

Are you assuming that he has brute=forcing tools readily at his disposal..... or is there a more sinister method?

More sinister way. WEP key is actually able to be cracks with brute force now.

#11 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

or you could, you know, use a portable harddrive...
PS you wont be able to transfer so you'd have to download it again, but your itunes library shouldn't be a problem :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users