Photo

Pricing Items

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

How do you come up with your prices for your user shops? I have been just selling at the lowest price I find on the shop wizard for the most part but find things move so slow, do you find that offering a discount is a good idea, and if so how much would be a good idea? I'm not a patience person when it comes to moving my stock any feedback is always welcome

#2 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

neonap

http://www.neocodex....oads&showfile=5

#3 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Thank you so that works for pricing but should I just let it pick the lowest one or should I being dropping the price of items to make them move?

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Neo Nap

#5 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

uhh i think default settings work pretty good

#6 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Ok I'll just have to wait to see, maybe I'm just getting slow moving items. Thank you for the feedback

#7 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

Ok I'll just have to wait to see, maybe I'm just getting slow moving items. Thank you for the feedback

yea well once you get a pretty big shop items are gonna constantly be sold every day even if each item takes longer to sell you have 150+ items in your shop theres always gonna be some sellin every day

#8 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

You can price them lower if you find they are not selling and you want NP fast.

Theres an option in the settings to take off a cirtain amount of NPs per item, its up to you what you set it at, so that might help! :)

#9 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

You can price them lower if you find they are not selling and you want NP fast.

Theres an option in the settings to take off a cirtain amount of NPs per item, its up to you what you set it at, so that might help! :)

I think I understand how it works I just put a number less then 1.0 in there to discount it right?

So I have no problems getting the prices now neonap <<< Great help, but still not sure if discounting is a good idea, I think if I want fast sales it's the way to go until my shop gets bigger, still have the question if I do decide to discount what % should I use?

#10 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

I think I understand how it works I just put a number less then 1.0 in there to discount it right?

So I have no problems getting the prices now neonap <<< Great help, but still not sure if discounting is a good idea, I think if I want fast sales it's the way to go until my shop gets bigger, still have the question if I do decide to discount what % should I use?

Thats kinda an open ended question, Just try a few amounts and see how fast your items sell. You wont need too disscount too much, only to be the cheapest by a few %. Good luck :)

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

I set mine at 80% because the prices change so rapidly, I know that I'll always sell my items before the price drop :p

I don't care that i lose a few thousand NP, in the grand scheme, I make much more than that to make it up.

#12 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

I'll give it a try thank you all for the advice, I hope to be able to report some nice earning sometime soon :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users