Site Moved to New Server (Phase 1)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:09 AM

hope phrase 2 comes soon .. i want to use the neologs!

#27 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

Git repositories

try not to boot up the programs too much. :p

Very nice guys, I notice the speed difference allready.

Two things, what is Git repositories lol, and do you want us to lay off the programmes completley today?

ta

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Git repositories are where people like Frizzle come from.

#29 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Git repositories are where people like Frizzle come from.

I believe the official name is London.

A git repository is basically just a place for us to store source code and collaborate on it.

#30 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:19 AM

Keep up the good work :)

#31 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

it loads the pages faster.
I tried opening several pages at once and its also faster than when I try to load several pages from the site.
So its either the host is fast or my internet started working faster haha.
Either way thanks!

#32 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

I'm having issues.
Ever since we moved to the new server, sometimes a forum page will take aaaages to load, and it will give me an "internal error."
This happens quite often. Last night for about 10 minutes I couldn't access any page on the forums, but my internet otherwise was working fine.
I still find the forum slow, but all around my computer is pretty fast.

I'm having issues.
Ever since we moved to the new server, sometimes a forum page will take aaaages to load, and it will give me an "internal error."
This happens quite often. Last night for about 10 minutes I couldn't access any page on the forums, but my internet otherwise was working fine.
I still find the forum slow, but all around my computer is pretty fast.

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

Apparently, the installer failed midway through on the night. The rest had to be completed by hand.
It'll be a while until all the errors are eliminated.

Having the reload a page once in a blue moon is a small price to pay.

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

I wonder how phase 2 is going, it'll be nice to see fresh data again in the Item Database. :p

#35 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

I wonder how phase 2 is going, it'll be nice to see fresh data again in the Item Database. :p

Before phase 2 is done, we're going to implement some caching for abrosia so as to not hit the itemdb as hard...

#36 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

like a real one or a virtual one? :p
srry bad joke ^^

srry for the triple post above, i refreshed the page when i saw the internal server error...

a very real virtual cookie!! ;)

ya those internal server errors always make me dbl post... just press back on your browser and your post should be single. btw have they been completely fixed yet? i haven't gotten one in a while

Edited by pabs123, 21 July 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#37 Antivenin

Antivenin
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Has caching and phase 2 been implemented yet? I've stopped using Abrosia for a while, because I don't understand how the caching system works, so I'm like eagerly awaiting phase 2 implementation.

#38 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

I must say, since my brief departation from Codex, and coming back, There has been a lot of new things added, revised, updated. Especially internal server errors and load times. I used to have the darndest time with it, my there is no longer an issue on my end.

Thank you for all of the great work that you have done and continue to do. Great work yall :D

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Has caching and phase 2 been implemented yet? I've stopped using Abrosia for a while, because I don't understand how the caching system works, so I'm like eagerly awaiting phase 2 implementation.

Users won't see any difference when caching is implemented, it's all behind the scenes. ;)

#40 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yay, it drove me crazy when a page would take like a minute to load a page during the times in which the website would be oh-so-laggy. I'm so happy that's been addressed... :crybaby:

Looking forward to the item DB finally being fixed as well. :) I'm always getting banned from the SW when I want to re-check the stuff in my store that haven't sold, it drives me crazy.

#41 Antivenin

Antivenin
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

Users won't see any difference when caching is implemented, it's all behind the scenes. ;)

But what does this mean :

the Items Database is accessible but still is displaying old data (until we can get to Phase 2).

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:21 AM

But what does this mean :

When it's fully working the Item Database information changes as soon as the database is updated, at the moment the database is still being updated but the information isn't being displayed in real-time in the Item Database so the data is roughly 24 hours old.

#43 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

when will you allow item notes to be posted for advanced members?

i always wanted to adjust the prices because the prices are unrealistic. for example a book on Common Cures (http://www.neocodex....87-common-cures), the price is 99999 but in fact it can be sold quite easily for 200k and above! no one sells it at 99k anyway.. it would be great if we can "edit" it and then get someone to verify and then submit the price changes.

#44 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

We do have some editing features but it's only for unbuyable items. In the next version, we cam look into editing all items to fix problems like this.

#45 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

The idea is that you don't need to worry about it. I wouldn't keep Abrosia active if it wasn't safe to use it with the current database. :p

We do have some editing features but it's only for unbuyable items. In the next version, we cam look into editing all items to fix problems like this.

We should extend the price changing to items listed as 99,999 NP also since there's a lot of them and they're virtually unbuyable. :p

#46 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

The idea is that you don't need to worry about it. I wouldn't keep Abrosia active if it wasn't safe to use it with the current database. :p

We should extend the price changing to items listed as 99,999 NP also since there's a lot of them and they're virtually unbuyable. :p

I think we need to rethink the repricing mechanism of our DB...

#47 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

I think we need to rethink the repricing mechanism of our DB...

I personally wouldn't mind taking a few hours out of my day to review edited prices for verification if it comes down to it =).
<---- Has No Life...lol.

#48 Antivenin

Antivenin
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

I personally wouldn't mind taking a few hours out of my day to review edited prices for verification if it comes down to it =).
<---- Has No Life...lol.

Agreed. I could help with this too.

#49 tigre

tigre
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

Great work guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users