Photo

SC2

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Greatgenes

Greatgenes
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Has anybody tried it yet? i know it only came out a few days ago but sooo many pple were on the edge of there seats waiting for it (like me!)
i got it and i love love love it ! altho i wish there was a few more maps...but im sure they will add more in patches later down the road.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Wow... it finally came out. This thing has been coming out since I was in high school...

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Wow... it finally came out. This thing has been coming out since I was in high school...

It's like 1/3rd released. There are still 2 more games that you'll have to buy to complete the campaign :D

Anyways, I played in beta. Wasn't too impressed. I'm not really a fan of RTS games though.

#4 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

To be honest..I didnt play that much of the game even on Brood Wars..I usually just messed around online =P...Gotta love Golems, Defence, and 3v3 maps =D

#5 westbigballin

westbigballin
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

i love sc1 and sc2 gameplay, but i havent picked it up yet because Craptivision ruined SC2. SC2 has less features than SC1 - theres a LONG list of things wrong with SC2 / whats missing from it

60 bucks... meh

#6 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

i used to play competitive broodwar on like international cyber cup and crap, sc2 doesnt look as great as bwar, and my korean friends are saying that pro gamers in korea probably aren't gonna switch to sc2 cuz there's no LAN function. Although sc2 graphics look pretty damn nice.

#7 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

The only good thing about Sc2 is the graphics. They destroyed every part of it.

In SC1, you can to Micro your units with shitty AI's. For instance. If you shoot at something with a reaver, and that thing runs away, then scarab explodes without causing damage. If the person your facing is good enough to do that, they gain a slight advantage. You have to deal with stupid ai's walking the wrong direction, and shit like that. In SC2 the ai is smart, it walks properly, and doesn't glitch. No more skill required.

Too Much Macro. In SC2 you have to contactly use a stupid skill at your home base, while you do a bunch of other stuff. The ability for a zerg to spawn 19 zerglings instead of 9 is just retarded. In Sc1 you just built your base, and then moved out, in this one, you have to keep going back and click again and again. Not exactly any fun, and doesn't make it any harder for the professions.

Qued mining. In Sc2 you can just click on the minerals and bam, it auto mines. That ruins part of the aspect of the game were you have remember to set your workers to mine. Even in pro games, sometimes they get to busy and forget to mine. They should be punished for that.

Backdooring. In SC1 you had to work hard to break through the front line, or you had skillfully backdoor drop. In SC2 sooooo many units can just walk in your backdoor. Thats pointless. Protoss would not be able to just build units and come at you from behind, while your tanks are at the front.

No mines. What the hell blizzard. Mines were 90% of the terran strategy. Remove that? Remove the power of tanks? Way to fuck the terran in the ass.

The game is about mass unit building. Nothing else. Its lots its strategy element. Its sad. I hate it.

If anyone wants to play me on some Brood War. Pm me. I'm down for it.

#8 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

Well I completed the campaign on hard. Time for multiplayer :x3:

#9 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Those are some really good points. Maybe the new AI features should be toggle-able. Make a 'hardcore' mode where your AI is just plain stupid

#10 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

SC2 = SC1 + sharper graphics... well not really bt if you dont give a shit about the story line it basically is. Played the beta it was kinda fun, prbly not worth my 60 bucks... and 180 bucks when you think about having to buy the 2 expansions.

#11 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

In SC1, you can to Micro your units with shitty AI's. For instance. If you shoot at something with a reaver, and that thing runs away, then scarab explodes without causing damage. If the person your facing is good enough to do that, they gain a slight advantage. You have to deal with stupid ai's walking the wrong direction, and shit like that. In SC2 the ai is smart, it walks properly, and doesn't glitch. No more skill required.

Too Much Macro. In SC2 you have to contactly use a stupid skill at your home base, while you do a bunch of other stuff. The ability for a zerg to spawn 19 zerglings instead of 9 is just retarded. In Sc1 you just built your base, and then moved out, in this one, you have to keep going back and click again and again. Not exactly any fun, and doesn't make it any harder for the professions.

Qued mining. In Sc2 you can just click on the minerals and bam, it auto mines. That ruins part of the aspect of the game were you have remember to set your workers to mine. Even in pro games, sometimes they get to busy and forget to mine. They should be punished for that.

Backdooring. In SC1 you had to work hard to break through the front line, or you had skillfully backdoor drop. In SC2 sooooo many units can just walk in your backdoor. Thats pointless. Protoss would not be able to just build units and come at you from behind, while your tanks are at the front.

No mines. What the hell blizzard. Mines were 90% of the terran strategy. Remove that? Remove the power of tanks? Way to fuck the terran in the ass.

The game is about mass unit building. Nothing else. Its lots its strategy element. Its sad. I hate it.

While I agree with these points, I will say that I absolutely love the new unit strength/weakness element of it. It stops any race from being too overpowered (Except Zerg, which tbh, need to be nerfed.) I disagree that it's all about amassing units, it is also about timing your expansion, and how quickly you amass those units xD Oh and what race you are facing, what units they have, you don't want to amass roaches as zerg if your protoss enemy is amassing zealots.

Another reason that I love starcraft 2 is because I generally love starcraft, and it has brought so many new players to the game, and created a really nice multiplayer system.

I am hoping that a lot of the problems with it will be fixed in upcoming patches and the next two instalments of the game. It is still hella fun to play right now though xD.

Edited by Metigue, 31 July 2010 - 04:57 AM.

#12 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Haha, zerg are apparently the strongest race but they are my worst

what units they have, you don't want to amass roaches as zerg if your protoss enemy is amassing zealots.

That's basically rock paper scissors though

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

While I agree with these points, I will say that I absolutely love the new unit strength/weakness element of it. It stops any race from being too overpowered (Except Zerg, which tbh, need to be nerfed.) I disagree that it's all about amassing units, it is also about timing your expansion, and how quickly you amass those units xD Oh and what race you are facing, what units they have, you don't want to amass roaches as zerg if your protoss enemy is amassing zealots.

Another reason that I love starcraft 2 is because I generally love starcraft, and it has brought so many new players to the game, and created a really nice multiplayer system.

I am hoping that a lot of the problems with it will be fixed in upcoming patches and the next two instalments of the game. It is still hella fun to play right now though xD.

In brood war I can essentially show you a video of any unit beating another unit. Thats balance...

#14 Greatgenes

Greatgenes
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

if you think the zerg needs to be nerfed you should take a peek at the starcraft forums.

Edited by Greatgenes, 01 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#15 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

do you play on international cyber cup? i don't have a legit cd key, so no bnet :'(

#16 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

I have not played it and do not plan to. However, there was a TV commercial the other day, and I thought it was for a very realistic-looking CG sci-fi movie. It was for Starcraft II. I laughed.

#17 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

I'm on the trial, not sure whether I want to buy it for the full price though. It kind of reminds me of what they did for WCII->WCIII, make it look prettier and give units more skills minus the heroes. I'll probably get it in the future when it goes down in price for the multiplayer custom maps.

#18 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

Icantargue with that ;). I' used to play Brood War in Junior high and Freshman and Sophomore years of high school at the time I was A-/B+ range on ICCUP ladder (more of a b ranker since I fail against the A gamers) the reason I loved that game to be any good at it was because of the strategy involved. I recently bought a copy of Starcraft 2 and I played it and I felt like there was no strategy it was just build build build attack build build build attack a person with inferior micro and macro skills could essentially be equivalent to someone with great micro and macro skills in this game. This game is crap and the Koreans and I will stick to our Brood War :p.

But it still a great game for the casual gamers ;). And I haven't played Brood War for 3 years anyways so what do i know <_<

Edited by pathentic, 02 August 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#19 serdne2

serdne2
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Not my type of game

#20 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

Icantargue with that ;). I' used to play Brood War in Junior high and Freshman and Sophomore years of high school at the time I was A-/B+ range on ICCUP ladder (more of a b ranker since I fail against the A gamers) the reason I loved that game to be any good at it was because of the strategy involved. I recently bought a copy of Starcraft 2 and I played it and I felt like there was no strategy it was just build build build attack build build build attack a person with inferior micro and macro skills could essentially be equivalent to someone with great micro and macro skills in this game. This game is crap and the Koreans and I will stick to our Brood War :p.

But it still a great game for the casual gamers ;). And I haven't played Brood War for 3 years anyways so what do i know <_<

i call bs, there are korean pro gamers at a-, pics or you were never in that range

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

do you play on international cyber cup? i don't have a legit cd key, so no bnet :'(

I dont do Iccup because whenever I make games no one can join them. /sigh.

I use Hamachi, which is lag free. So any time you want to play, just pm me.

i call bs, there are korean pro gamers at a-, pics or you were never in that range

Who cares what rank he was at? Until he beats you, he isn't better then you. If you dont play, you fail. :)

Starcraft is the only game I have ever played professionally, and the only game I will probably ever play professional (All other games, are just games. This one is soooo much better). I actually made it past the qualifiers for WCG. But then I got a gf and stopped playing professionally :p. Now I just play casual games with friends (Who no longer want to play, because they hate losing).

So like I have said a million times. Pm me if you want to play.

#22 SN54

SN54
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

Not my type of game

x2

I'm too lazy to try to understand everything about it.

#23 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Lol . . . why would I take pics of a game? I'm not obsessed with games as you probably are considering how offended you sound O.O. Anyways it's not hard to play Starcraft professionally there was a time that you could easily get into a local, province, or national level tournament. You're probably thinking of guys like Lim Yo Hwan and Jaedong when you think of "pro gamers" but there are plenty of A/B level gamers that have never played tournaments like the MSL and GOM. In fact there was a commentator of the 2009 or 2008 MSL (don't exactly remember what tournament it was actually *facepalm*) who was in the A range and he never competed in any major tournaments such as GOM or MSL at least that's what I've heard. Anyways I'm Korean so I guess it's in my blood haha?

I dont do Iccup because whenever I make games no one can join them. /sigh.

I use Hamachi, which is lag free. So any time you want to play, just pm me.

Who cares what rank he was at? Until he beats you, he isn't better then you. If you dont play, you fail. :)

Starcraft is the only game I have ever played professionally, and the only game I will probably ever play professional (All other games, are just games. This one is soooo much better). I actually made it past the qualifiers for WCG. But then I got a gf and stopped playing professionally :p. Now I just play casual games with friends (Who no longer want to play, because they hate losing).

So like I have said a million times. Pm me if you want to play.

ICCUP tends to be universally recognized for Starcraft gaming but Hamachi is pretty good too =). If i get my skills up to par let's play =). The WCG is pretty well run tournament I'm surprised you've even made it past the qualifiers good job =). Sucks that you've stopped playing professionally but Pro gaming isn't really a lucrative field (unless you're one of the best for your game). I wish I had the chance to get into a high level tournament like the WCG =(. I was a student when I played Starcraft at a high level so the majority of my games were just ICCUP ladder games I've also played a few local/national level tournaments though . . .

Anyways Iargue is right in this case and you don't know how good I am until you play me. Once I get another copy of the game let's play.

Edit: Oops supposedly the commentator took 3rd place in a WCG.

Edited by pathentic, 04 August 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#24 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Lol . . . why would I take pics of a game? I'm not obsessed with games as you probably are considering how offended you sound O.O. Anyways it's not hard to play Starcraft professionally there was a time that you could easily get into a local, province, or national level tournament. You're probably thinking of guys like Lim Yo Hwan and Jaedong when you think of "pro gamers" but there are plenty of A/B level gamers that have never played tournaments like the MSL and OGM. In fact there was a commentator of the 2009 or 2008 MSL (don't exactly remember what tournament it was actually *facepalm*) who was in the A range and he never competed in any major tournaments such as GOM or MSL at least that's what I've heard. Anyways I'm Korean so I guess it's in my blood haha?

ICCUP tends to be universally recognized for Starcraft gaming but Hamachi is pretty good too =). If i get my skills up to par let's play =). The WCG is pretty well run tournament I'm surprised you've even made it past the qualifiers good job =). Sucks that you've stopped playing professionally but Pro gaming isn't really a lucrative field (unless you're one of the best for your game). I wish I had the chance to get into a high level tournament like the WCG =(. I was a student when I played Starcraft at a high level so the majority of my games were just ICCUP ladder games I've also played a few local/national level tournaments though . . .

Anyways Iargue is right in this case and you don't know how good I am until you play me. Once I get another copy of the game let's play.

Edit: Oops supposedly he took 3rd place in a WCG.

you're korean, ill take your word for it :D one of my korean friends is really into sc, he even made a bracelet with the letters WWJD (what would jaedong do) on it

#25 aweroij

aweroij
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

you're korean, ill take your word for it :D one of my korean friends is really into sc, he even made a bracelet with the letters WWJD (what would jaedong do) on it

I laughed out loud (unabbreviated for emphasis).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users