Photo

Atomic bombing over Hiroshima and Nagasaki

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

I hope this was a troll post, otherwise you are just ignorant.

You are just ignorant. You don't know how they treated us when we were in their hands. Our loved ones, if was a female, raped. If was a male, sent to the beach to kill <---- if they suspect you are against them but obviously not. You know how they treated a rickshaw driver ? They refused to pay and bashed down his rickshaw, beat the poor old man and walked away laughing.

I have godly gypsy powers telling me a retarded kid is going to post

Edited by Incantation, 07 August 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#27 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

Yes it was! Japanese were so cruel it wouldn't harm even if they bomb 1 more Japan country <3 if they didn't I probably wouldn't be alive now
Believed US warned them before they even started it so yeah they DID deserve it and had it coming

You are such an ignorant troll I can't describe it. I'm of Korean nationality and I know exactly what the Japanese people did to their occupied countries such as Korea during the war. Guess what you probably haven't even researched Hiroshima and Nagasaki aftereffects before posting. Since the atomic bombs did hurt Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Pictures of the Atomic Bomb Survivors
Posted ImagePosted Image

Picture of a Birth Defect from the radiation of the Atomic Bombs
Posted Image

Also guess what the Atomic Bombs hurt the civilian population civilians have no choice in the matter of being able to call for a truce it is the Japanese Government that had the choice to decide to or not. The civilians were caught in their position just because they were born as Japanese citizens. The atomic bombs were the worst thing to happen to Japan and even though I believe it was a necessary evil to end the war the civilians should not have suffered these fates. What you wrote implies they as the civilians as well and "they" the civilians did not deserve this fate. Also innocent civilians should not have to suffer because of the actions of their government and military.

I predict a ignorant troll is going to post

Edited by OriginalGin, 07 August 2010 - 09:54 PM.

#28 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

Still they deserved it and see, always trust Incantation's intuitions :)

PS : dun worry I won't continue this pointless argument between him and me even if he does even if he does

Edited by Incantation, 07 August 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#29 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Still they deserved it and see, always trust Incantation's intuitions :)

PS : dun worry I won't continue this pointless argument between him and me even if he does even if he does

Looking at your posts you basically said that the life of millions of Japanese civilians deaths and genetic mutations are justified because you're alive and here on earth (Yes it was! Japanese were so cruel it wouldn't harm even if they bomb 1 more Japan country <3 if they didn't I probably wouldn't be alive now)? OK one person's life=/=another's your life definitely does not equal the life of millions of Japanese civilians. Also tell me one reason why the Japanese civilians deserved to die the actions of the government and soldiers do not justify the devastation that the innocent civilians suffered.

#30 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:51 AM

It was neccessary.

It ended WW2 isnt it?

But the radiation from the after effect is just too bad.

#31 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

You are just ignorant. You don't know how they treated us when we were in their hands. Our loved ones, if was a female, raped. If was a male, sent to the beach to kill <---- if they suspect you are against them but obviously not. You know how they treated a rickshaw driver ? They refused to pay and bashed down his rickshaw, beat the poor old man and walked away laughing.

I have godly gypsy powers telling me a retarded kid is going to post

HAHAHAHA what? I don't even know where you came up with this assumption. Japanese are a civilized people, in my opinion the most out of all asians. Rape occurs in all military, it's what happens when things are in secrecy and heterosexual males don't have sex for a long time. Japan did not even invade the US so PLEASE inform me where you have found this information on Japanese soldiers raping American women. I don't understand the male version... I would be surprised if they didn't kill an enemy, even if it was a civilian.

Either get smart or stop trolling the Troll, ya dig?

#32 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

You are such an ignorant troll I can't describe it. I'm of Korean nationality and I know exactly what the Japanese people did to their occupied countries such as Korea during the war. Guess what you probably haven't even researched Hiroshima and Nagasaki aftereffects before posting. Since the atomic bombs did hurt Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Pictures of the Atomic Bomb Survivors
Posted ImagePosted Image

Picture of a Birth Defect from the radiation of the Atomic Bombs
Posted Image

Also guess what the Atomic Bombs hurt the civilian population civilians have no choice in the matter of being able to call for a truce it is the Japanese Government that had the choice to decide to or not. The civilians were caught in their position just because they were born as Japanese citizens. The atomic bombs were the worst thing to happen to Japan and even though I believe it was a necessary evil to end the war the civilians should not have suffered these fates. What you wrote implies they as the civilians as well and "they" the civilians did not deserve this fate. Also innocent civilians should not have to suffer because of the actions of their government and military.

I predict a ignorant troll is going to post

What the Americans did was child's play compared to what the Japs were doing at Unit 731, you're Korean you should know that the japanese took your fellow koreans and tested chemical and biological weapons on them. In Hiroshima and Nagasaki at least there were survivors. Unit 731 So uh, the civilian POWs from other Pacific Rim countries had a choice in the matter then? As the old adage goes: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do you know what would've happened if the bombs weren't dropped? Soldiers would fight deeper into Japanese soil, it would become a war of atrocity, the Japanese would have nowhere to go, it was their homes that they were fighting for (similar to why the US lost in Vietnam...and what's happening in Afghanistan), the world would've lost more and more soldiers, the best outcome w/o the use of the bombs would probably be a Pyrrhic victory.

#33 SmokingKush

SmokingKush
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

It was that or massive casualties on both side from a land invasion iirc. Also, I've never seen something as fucked up as the japanese unit 731 experiments. Live vivisection and shit, worse than the nazi's and they weren't exactly kind.

#34 kcsays

kcsays
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

What the Americans did was child's play compared to what the Japs were doing at Unit 731, you're Korean you should know that the japanese took your fellow koreans and tested chemical and biological weapons on them. In Hiroshima and Nagasaki at least there were survivors. Unit 731 So uh, the civilian POWs from other Pacific Rim countries had a choice in the matter then? As the old adage goes: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do you know what would've happened if the bombs weren't dropped? Soldiers would fight deeper into Japanese soil, it would become a war of atrocity, the Japanese would have nowhere to go, it was their homes that they were fighting for (similar to why the US lost in Vietnam...and what's happening in Afghanistan), the world would've lost more and more soldiers, the best outcome w/o the use of the bombs would probably be a Pyrrhic victory.

i was lurking this tread and had started to despair for someone who would bring this up. i love japan and its culture, but the unit 731 experiences are a major black dot in its history. in my three years of studying modern japanese history, this was never mentioned in class or in textbooks a single time and i had to find it out for myself. people have always been so angry (and rightfully so) at the memory of what the nazis did, but at least a fair proportion of their leaders had to atone for their war crimes. from what i've gathered, japan merely got away with it and in exchange they agreed to disclose experimental results and military secrets to the us government. unit 731 was wiped out both geographically and historically, as very few people seem to know about it, though it deserves to be remembered as yet another atrocious example to learn from.

#35 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

i was lurking this tread and had started to despair for someone who would bring this up. i love japan and its culture, but the unit 731 experiences are a major black dot in its history. in my three years of studying modern japanese history, this was never mentioned in class or in textbooks a single time and i had to find it out for myself. people have always been so angry (and rightfully so) at the memory of what the nazis did, but at least a fair proportion of their leaders had to atone for their war crimes. from what i've gathered, japan merely got away with it and in exchange they agreed to disclose experimental results and military secrets to the us government. unit 731 was wiped out both geographically and historically, as very few people seem to know about it, though it deserves to be remembered as yet another atrocious example to learn from.

Yeah Unit 731's methods are worse than the nazis...
I can't believe they experimented on human. Why don't they think of themselves being visected before doing it to others when they are alive and awake without anaesthetic

#36 kcsays

kcsays
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

Yeah Unit 731's methods are worse than the nazis...
I can't believe they experimented on human. Why don't they think of themselves being visected before doing it to others when they are alive and awake without anaesthetic

the saddest part is that modern science and medicine did beneficit a lot from what they found out. it wasn't just the vivisections, they were also able to observe very closely the development of awful diseases like the black plagues by injecting the virus/bacteria into a prisoner, and then investigating how long it took them to contaminate others/to die from it/to be cured and then infected again. the experiments they conducted on survival rates and probabilities in extreme conditions also allowed them to refine the medical knowledge of how a human body works and what its limits are.

they went as far as to distribute infected food to starving chinese villages so they could observe it as it the contagion spread in realistic conditions. how fucked up can you get...

#37 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

the saddest part is that modern science and medicine did beneficit a lot from what they found out. it wasn't just the vivisections, they were also able to observe very closely the development of awful diseases like the black plagues by injecting the virus/bacteria into a prisoner, and then investigating how long it took them to contaminate others/to die from it/to be cured and then infected again. the experiments they conducted on survival rates and probabilities in extreme conditions also allowed them to refine the medical knowledge of how a human body works and what its limits are.

they went as far as to distribute infected food to starving chinese villages so they could observe it as it the contagion spread in realistic conditions. how fucked up can you get...

I know :( They are so crazy... they even tested grenades on the humans at different distances to see how much damage it did.... they don't deserve to be humans

#38 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

AHAHAHAHA japanese textbooks tell less truths than George Bush so don't expect anything legitimate.

so uhh nanjing massacre, yeaaah nothing happened there winkwink, Unit731 never existed, annnd everyone raped during the war should be honored to have served the army. (the japanese sound like VERY nice people)
I'm quite surprised they didn't compare Truman to Hitler for authorizing those nukes.
http://artsci.wustl....nd/textbook.htm

#39 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm quite surprised they didn't compare Truman to Hitler for authorizing those nukes.

Wut? :lookaround:

You either misspoke or you don't know the orders of magnitude, because the logic (albeit sarcastic logic) of your post comes to a screeching halt at the quoted statement.

6,000,000 Jews vs. approximately 120,000 Japanese civilians? That's not even a comparison. There were probably more French killed by the Germans than Japanese killed by the Americans. Hell, the Germans and Italians probably killed more Africans than the bombs killed in Japan.

#40 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

You either misspoke or you don't know the orders of magnitude, because the logic (albeit sarcastic logic) of your post comes to a screeching halt at the quoted statement.

6,000,000 Jews vs. approximately 120,000 Japanese civilians? That's not even a comparison. There were probably more French killed by the Germans than Japanese killed by the Americans. Hell, the Germans and Italians probably killed more Africans than the bombs killed in Japan.

Nah I think he meant it to the Japanese eyes they didn't associate Truman with Hitler. I mean who knows maybe they do? They certainly do want an apology from the US about it...

But in terms of raw numbers the Russians are the ones that got hit the worse during the war with casualties over 20million(includes civilians)

#41 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

the japanese tried to make themselves look like the victims in the war and tried to glorify their actions (ie. the people that were raped by soldiers should be honored), so i expected the japanese to compare a president to an animal like hitler.

#42 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Well you know what they say, history is written by the victors.

Either way, I don't feel bad. If we could go back in time I would hope we would do the same. I don't really think we needed one. Not after all the innocent people Germany and Japan slaughtered. I mean, for fuck's sake, they killed six million jews. Jewish people who weren't even involved in the war. They were simply jewish and died because of that. So I guess to answer your question "did they have a legitimate reason?" I guess I don't really give a fuck. Karma's a bitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users