• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Like a bitch! lol
They ran off with 200K because that's how much I keep around for ambrosia to buy things.

Luckily, I have a pin on literally EVERYTHING on my account. So they can't touch the 1.3 Mil in the bank or change the pass on my 8+ year account.

*sticks out tongue*
HA! In your faces. Douches.

Ahem, also. Should I just delete my cookies or is there more that I can do?

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

Clearing your cookies and logging in again should be enough, they can't get your password from CGing.

#3 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Clearing your cookies and logging in again should be enough, they can't get your password from CGing.

This is really noobish and dumb but...
How do I clear my cookies? :rolleyes:

#4 kcsays

kcsays
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

yeah i always get EXTREMELY paranoid whenever i'm shopping from usershops or taking a peek at someone's profile. even if i don't notice anything suspicious and the user seems to be a legit little newbie, i always clear my cookies and log out/log back in. it doesn't take very long and makes me feel safe. sorry about your 200k ):

This is really noobish and dumb but...
How do I clear my cookies? :rolleyes:

in firefox i have to go to tools, then options, then privacy, and somewhere in the box that pops up there'll be a sentence that read "you might wish to clear out your recent history or delete specific cookies", so just click on that and then click on clear all if you're not sure.

(note that since i'm french i'm using the french version of firefox and the translation might not be totally accurate, but i think it should read more or less the same)

#5 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

yeah i always get EXTREMELY paranoid whenever i'm shopping from usershops or taking a peek at someone's profile. even if i don't notice anything suspicious and the user seems to be a legit little newbie, i always clear my cookies and log out/log back in. it doesn't take very long and makes me feel safe. sorry about your 200k ):

You know most people would be mad to loose 200K but I didn't even have a pin until yesterday. I was reading the other thread that was talking about cookie grabbing and I'm like "I suppose I should put a pin on juuuust in case." I clicked everything I could because I thought "Hmm, couldn't hurt."

It actually makes me smile thinking about them going to my bank and getting all excited to see my nps and then scrolling down only to see "enter pin" lol and then going to my shop with a lot of expensive items and being all "alright, sweet" and scrolling down and seeing "enter pin" :x3:

I am now officially 110% in love with this website. I might even buy a membership just because this place deserves every cent it gets.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

You should also make sure to keep a note of information about your account like items in your SDB or equipped battledome items in case you get frozen 'for your own protection'. Then you'll be able to provide more information with the ticket if you do get iced.

#7 kcsays

kcsays
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

no pin until yesterday, woah so i suppose you got lucky in a way because by now all of your account could be gone .__.

still, it's crazy when you realise what a dog eat dog kind of online game neopets has become, everywhere you look there's scammers out to get you. while looking around the internet, i've even seen account cracking/password guessing programs. aah greedy, greedy people. to think they could just use a nice little ABer and leave the kids alone :3

#8 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

You should also make sure to keep a note of information about your account like items in your SDB or equipped battledome items in case you get frozen 'for your own protection'. Then you'll be able to provide more information with the ticket if you do get iced.

Ahhh waser, my love for you knows no bounds.

Also, is there anyway to see who I traded with? Because that's how they transferred the 200K?

#9 Abrar

Abrar
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Didn't you get a message saying that the other person may have confirmed your offer for the trade?

#10 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Didn't you get a message saying that the other person may have confirmed your offer for the trade?

Not that I saw. I was sitting on boards though, so I wasn't refreshing very fast. I know it was through trades though because I have a crappy item in my inventory. If I did get messages they must have deleted them. I was I had ambrosia running so that I could see the alerts.

#11 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

cging is going crazy, yet I have no idea who's doing all the cging...

However, I was never cged o-o I avoid cilcking links now, but sometimes I still cilck them. Meh, they can't really do anything even if they got into my account. I hardly use my main anymore and my side has like.. 200k.. pinned. :D

becareful of your pets though, you never know someone just might gup them.... = =

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

If you turn javascript off you can't be cookie grabbed.

#13 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

I feel like a hypocrite because I cheat using AB, but I still feel vastly more moral than people who CG. It's just literally going on to people's account and taking everything. I'm sure if I didn't have my pin they would have changed my e-mail then my pass and then sold it on some website.

Also, I googled "neopets cookie grabber" and like a bunch of websites poped up with copy and paste things. So, the information is very obtainable. I'm sure it all started with one person figuring it out and then sharing the knowledge.

#14 swpwrx

swpwrx
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

Like a bitch! lol
They ran off with 200K because that's how much I keep around for ambrosia to buy things.

Luckily, I have a pin on literally EVERYTHING on my account. So they can't touch the 1.3 Mil in the bank or change the pass on my 8+ year account.

*sticks out tongue*

Ahem, also. Should I just delete my cookies or is there more that I can do?

ah so that's what cging is ^^. that's terrible to do but o well....

#15 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

If you turn javascript off you can't be cookie grabbed.

Ohh, I did not know that..I did turn em off since flash problems but thanks.

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

It's not exactly hard for Neopets to close the hole either ;).

#17 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

*sticks out tongue*

Lolz. You'll still get iced for suspicious activity or for your protection.

#18 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

My advice is to clear cookies, change your password and PIN, and disable java for awhile.

#19 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Is CG that easy?

#20 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Is CG that easy?

They're making billions. Seriously.

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

My advice is to only go on to your main to do dailies and what not, and browsing or whatever on sides.

Or just don't browse since browsing is boring :p

#22 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

Is CG that easy?

Yessir. All it takes is one careless click of a link on the A/C boards and without any pins/java off say goodbye to your precious NPs/items.

#23 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

Honestly, I think this is why people aren't making as much ABing. I think less and less people are going to shops because they are scared of getting cookie grabbed. They would rather find a cheap item in trade and wait for a response.

#24 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hii, also make sure your e-mail hasn't been changed ^^

Haha i avoid shops at all cost XD If i MUST use one i log out afterwards and change my pass.... I even log out EVERYTIME i have to go to a lookup or petpage lol The fear is taking over my neo-life

#25 pugbug

pugbug
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

I feel like a hypocrite because I cheat using AB, but I still feel vastly more moral than people who CG. It's just literally going on to people's account and taking everything. I'm sure if I didn't have my pin they would have changed my e-mail then my pass and then sold it on some website.

Also, I googled "neopets cookie grabber" and like a bunch of websites poped up with copy and paste things. So, the information is very obtainable. I'm sure it all started with one person figuring it out and then sharing the knowledge.

Well, it's really understandable. Cookie grabbing is pure evil, and instead of even doing the meager effort to download an autobuyer, they choose to steal from poor young kids and others who have actually worked pretty hard for their NP by playing the game honestly (for some reason.) When we AB, it doesn't hurt anyone but restockers, and who cares? A lot of them are faster than abrosia on the settings I have it. :I

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users