• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I remember the old days when spam was easy to detect.

WANT UR PEN1S L4RGER? BUY NOW!

Then they got smarter and realized that if you just send a link you'll get picked up by the SPAM filter. Then they started adding random word clouds above and below their advertisement link.

Lately in my Inbox, though, I've had a few aberrations that make me wonder what the fuck they're trying to sell. There are no links. There are no malicious attachments. These seem like people are just randomly emailing me.

Take this creepy example:

Good afternoon Jeremy
Do you remember that beautiful holiday? My name is Maybelle.
I'm witty, wine lover, am hooked on the Wii, and educated gal.
Contact me, my soulmate...
Bye-bye,
Maybelle.

First off, she knew my name, so this isn't just a random BCC. This may, however be a clever mass mailing system. And by clever I mean retarded. Where is the link to the pill that will make me satisfy Maybelle Nygaard?

I thought this was an aberration from the norm, but today I got another of these emails that seem to just be desperate foreign women.

This one's long, so I'm putting it in a spoiler.

Spoiler

And here are the promised attachments:

Spoiler

Someone help me figure this out, please?

#2 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Maybe you're just lucky.

Grab that Russian mail-order bridge or I will!!

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

Maybe you're just lucky.

Grab that Russian mail-order bridge or I will!!

I always reply to weird shit like this. I can't help myself.

#4 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

This actually happened to my brothers friend... some girl from Russia emailed him, but she gave him a link to her Facebook, he talked to her on there for like 3 weeks, he paid for her to come here, they got married and a month later she disappeared with his money and everything. Its a scam for them to like quickly become naturalized US citizens... its ridiculous the things people do these day.

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I think someone signed you up for a mail order bride service... :p

As a minor update, I emailed Maybelle back and got no reply.

I'll let you know how things go with Yuliya, though XD

jcrgirl speaks Russian so there is certainly an opportunity for things to get interesting if I get replies back.

This actually happened to my brothers friend... some girl from Russia emailed him, but she gave him a link to her Facebook, he talked to her on there for like 3 weeks, he paid for her to come here, they got married and a month later she disappeared with his money and everything. Its a scam for them to like quickly become naturalized US citizens... its ridiculous the things people do these day.

Why would anyone get married to someone within a month or two? He was asking to get scammed on that one.

#6 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

jcrgirl speaks Russian so there is certainly an opportunity for things to get interesting if I get replies back.

Why would anyone get married to someone within a month or two? He was asking to get scammed on that one.

I studied Russian 2 years in highschool :D

Um, he isnt very attractive. :/ Hes like 37 and that was his first (and probably only) relationship.

#7 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I'm not a US citizen. Can I marry you and get my citizenship? I promise I'll stick around FOREVER and ever. :D <3

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

I studied Russian 2 years in highschool :D

Um, he isnt very attractive. :/ Hes like 37 and that was his first (and probably only) relationship.

*high five for girls who know Russian*

You get an instant +1 in my book

And boy do I feel sorry for that dude. I can understand being desperate, but not "marry a stranger after two months" desperate.

#9 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

And boy do I feel sorry for that dude. I can understand being desperate, but not "marry a stranger after two months" desperate.

My parents got married after knowing each other for 6 weeks. They lasted 20 years... But I suppose with him being in the Army for all 20 of those years, he was there less than half the time lol

#10 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

I'm not a US citizen. Can I marry you and get my citizenship? I promise I'll stick around FOREVER and ever. :D <3

Hahahaha. I'm too selfish to ever get married to anyone :p

#11 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

aw.... We can have an open marriage rofl

#12 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Haha! Its so hard but I loved it!

Yea, it is pretty sad, I felt super sorry for him when it all happened. I only found out because he moved in with my brother after everything "happened". On the other hand my sister got married to someone she only knew for 2 months, and they have been married for 5 1/2 years now, 2 adopted boys, and they had a baby girl 10 months ago. But then again with them I think its true love :D

aw.... We can have an open marriage rofl

haha, I'm the jealous type as well :p

#13 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

So wait. You won't get married but you are jealous? I think I love you. lol jk

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Well this seems like an interesting combination. I would love to know how a relationship works with you exactly...

#15 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Well this seems like an interesting combination. I would love to know how a relationship works with you exactly...

If she'd talk to me, I'd let you know :p

#16 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'm just sort of holding out for "that" person. I have been hurt and I have hurt, I am super jealous and over protective of those who I have been in a relationship with, but at the same time I have never put them above my own needs. As you can see I am a strange person if you haven't already come to that conclusion :p

#17 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

lol I've gotten a few like those that are cam girls. If you email them back they'll generally send another email that seems personal but doesn't make any sense if you say really strange things to them.

me: "hi, I'm 5 years old and i like the color blue, whats your favorite color?"

them: "Hey baby, I'm so glad you replied, we should talk on msn..."

The first sounds like maybe you paid some spammers for something in the past.

After spending a few hours talking to some gold farmers in wow I became marked as someone who likes personal contact and I would get long conversations before they would tell me what they were selling. I learned a lot about the life of working in a chinese cubical. I started getting gold farmer love letters similar to the first one you posted shortly after.

#18 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Me and my friend were just talking about the penis enlargement spam.
He was like LOL I don't need another 3 inches, i'd spear you!

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

The first sounds like maybe you paid some spammers for something in the past.

This is the internet. I don't pay for shit, so I have no idea where that first one came from.

Me and my friend were just talking about the penis enlargement spam.
He was like LOL I don't need another 3 inches, i'd spear you!

Luckily most to all of the penis enlargement spam gets filtered out in the filters. This leaves more time for reading interesting spam and boning from across the room with my massive pill-enhanced boner.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image

Someone help me figure this out, please?

The woman who wrote you that email is actually the woman in the yellow shirt.

#21 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Haha, then how can you explain the other photo?

#22 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I dont know what those odd emails are getting at there, I usually dont read my email period though, unless I need to activate something or change a password. But I don't think I'll be getting married either. At least not till I'm like 30 or so. We'll see, if we're all not dead by 2012.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

My eyeline went

1. Boobs/Cleavage
2. Clean dinner plate
3. That woman in the background

I always notice weird shit in photographs AFTER I see the important things first.

The other thing that got my attention: Who is taking these pictures? I HAVE TO KNOW!

Haha, then how can you explain the other photo?

Photoshop. Always blame Photoshop.

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

The other thing that got my attention: Who is taking these pictures? I HAVE TO KNOW!

Perhaps the alcoholic tyrant?

Two things, though...

I wish to tell to you that I do not smoke and almost I do not drink alcohol.

I spy with my little eye, an ashtray in Yuliya's first picture and a pack of Marlboro Reds on her dresser in the second picture.

I very cheerful and devoted person, very much love, when people smile

Yuliya smiles in neither of her pictures, which she very much hopes you like.

#25 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

I spy with my little eye, an ashtray in Yuliya's first picture and a pack of Marlboro Reds on her dresser in the second picture.

You get +1 for the second observation alone.

Yuliya smiles in neither of her pictures, which she very much hopes you like.

This also bothered me. You would think that if you want to impress a future husband or sumshit you should act like you have a good time occasionally.
I'm really glad you took the time to read the entire email like I did. It really is an interesting pitch. She takes a little time to introduce herself, then she goes for the marriage jugular without saying "I need a green card marry me NAO"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users