Photo

Pokemon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

I love Pokemon but I got kind of sick of the same old formula. I didn't finish Heart Gold, despite the fact the Johto part was my favourite. (Chikorita forever). I'm kind of iffy on Pokemon B/W...

I didnt buy the gold/silver remakes eventhough the original silver/gold was my favortite series..because really, you are paying for something you played already...and paying again full price for practically doing the same storyline with overhauled graphics.

#52 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

I didnt buy the gold/silver remakes eventhough the original silver/gold was my favortite series..because really, you are paying for something you played already...and paying again full price for practically doing the same storyline with overhauled graphics.

Alright, so out of boredom I decided to give diamond/pearl a chance for 3 days. This whole IV system completely changed the playing field as opposed to my oldskool retro gold/silver where EVs have no random element to it whatsoever. As interesting as that appeared to me at start, in the long run I'd say it's just a stint to get people to play the damn game longer in hopes of getting that "perfect" pokemon. The 2v2 system was definitely one thing that I loved though, yet according to a friend everyone still prefers going competitive via the traditional 1v1. People buy the newer versions more for the competitive aspect of it which imo gets hella boring after trying it out myself twice.

#53 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

I used to play the shit out of pokemon. I stopped playing after Gold/Silver, though. And may I say Yellow sucked... But blue was my shit. :p

I remember a couple years ago being hooked on meth and when I finally got home at like 6AM I would play pokemon like mad.

Favorite pokemon...? Probably squirtle.

That reminds me of how people brag on CoD how when they smoke weed they play better lol

I fucking love pokemon Ive been with the series since the beginning and i cant wait for black and white

my fave pokemon would have to blaziken he is a fucking beast!

#54 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Pokeathlon is fun. (your fingers and hand will be sore after a while)

#55 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

That reminds me of how people brag on CoD how when they smoke weed they play better lol

I absolutely fucking hate that game.
The one on the ps3/xbox anyway..must be because Im an old school fps player that uses mouse/keyboard.
that and the fact that the player base for the game are really annoying.
Must just be my luck though.

#56 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:58 AM

I thought pokemon got more boring after pearl/diamond era. But it kind of picked up during the release of soul silver/heart gold. Might be trying out Black/White, and please spice up the storyline pokemon team! Posted Image

#57 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

kingdra ftw! <3

#58 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Been playing since red/blue have at least one of every generation and 2 japanese versions and pokemon collesuem is still awesome as and and and and and and POKEMON RULES

#59 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

I cannot wait until Black and White comes out! Of course, it'll be this time next year before I can get it, but I'm excited anyway. I'm a member of gpxplus, and I cannot wait until they add the new pokemon to the site. That will be awesome. Does anyone else play on gpxplus.net?

#60 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

I ordered the Japanese version of the game. It will arrive at the end of this month. (I import it)
I cannot wait to play. I already think of a member in my team. I will choose Tsutarja (fastest starter), Moguryuu (high physical attack with decent speed), and Dageki (good fighter).
It looks awesome in Pokemon Sunday. (The show in Japan about Pokemon that airs every Sunday)

#61 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

oh black and white... I am still waiting to download the heart gold and soul silver roms:unsure:

#62 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Sorry for double posts. I got error and try to refresh the page.

Anyway, heart gold and soul silver are fun. You definitely need to try pokethlon. However, you need stylus.

Edited by EmperoR, 18 September 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#63 coqs

coqs
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'm eagerly waiting for b/w, a friend of mine is visiting Japan right now, so I asked him to buy me some pokeman goods and possibly the game ♥ I just want him back because of the game

#64 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm eagerly waiting for b/w, a friend of mine is visiting Japan right now, so I asked him to buy me some pokeman goods and possibly the game ♥ I just want him back because of the game

That is cheaper than ordering online. I envy you. I ordered for like 60 bucks. They sell it in Japan for 4800 yens if I am not mistaken.
I wish I could visit Japan too. (I might find internship or studying aboard in Japan if I can save enough money before I graduate)

#65 coqs

coqs
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

That is cheaper than ordering online. I envy you. I ordered for like 60 bucks. They sell it in Japan for 4800 yens if I am not mistaken.
I wish I could visit Japan too. (I might find internship or studying aboard in Japan if I can save enough money before I graduate)

Yup... when I found out he was going to Japan this week I gave him some money to get me the game cheaper that I was going to pay for the preorder ♥

#66 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Yup... when I found out he was going to Japan this week I gave him some money to get me the game cheaper that I was going to pay for the preorder ♥

But you will be playing the version with Japanese subtitles Posted Image I would rather wait awhile more for the English version to be released to enjoy the game Posted Image

Edited by flashraven, 18 September 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#67 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

But you will be playing the version with Japanese subtitles Posted Image I would rather wait awhile more for the English version to be released to enjoy the game Posted Image

Likewise.
Im in no rush to play though.
we really just got SSilver and HGold.

#68 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

By the time, the English version comes out, I will beat the game. It is fun to play in Japanese language. kinda test your intuition.
If you are not a fan of Japanese language, then it probably is frustrating. I am not good at Japanese but this game is meant for kid and contains only easy words.
Kinda force a self-learning. I really wish that the pokedex in serebii.net site will be done before I got the game.

#69 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

I like Japanese, but I'd rather wait until next year. I get myself lost in the games as it is.

#70 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

By the time, the English version comes out, I will beat the game. It is fun to play in Japanese language. kinda test your intuition.
If you are not a fan of Japanese language, then it probably is frustrating. I am not good at Japanese but this game is meant for kid and contains only easy words.
Kinda force a self-learning. I really wish that the pokedex in serebii.net site will be done before I got the game.

I rmb one of my friends who learnt Japanese through playing these games. and I was like: O_o
anyway, I always wait for English version.

#71 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

I played HG/SS in jap and I didn't really enjoy playing it...too much smokin' around I guess. I know some jap but I'm still unable to read kranji characters...so I guess I will have problems with the jap version Posted Image I think it's better to learn a fair bit of romaji before touching on those characters, haha.

Edited by flashraven, 19 September 2010 - 08:10 AM.

#72 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

I played HG/SS in jap and I didn't really enjoy playing it...too much smokin' around I guess. I know some jap but I'm still unable to read kranji characters...so I guess I will have problems with the jap version Posted Image I think it's better to learn a fair bit of romaji before touching on those characters, haha.

I do not think there is a Kanji in the games. All characters are either katakana or hiragana.

#73 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

When I lived in Romania and I was about 7/8, there was this book with hundreds of Pokemons and you had to collect every individual Pokemon and put it in the book in it's designated spot. There were like 400 Pokemon or so that you needed to collect and you'd find the cards in this bag of chips. There would only be like 5 cards in a bag, and I remember eating so many bags of those stupid chips to collect all the pokemon, but I think I stopped after like 200. Ridiculous way to get people to eat more of their lame chips. I used to watch Pokemon when I was really little and I remember vaguely some of the episodes, but that was it.
A few years ago, I was at a family picnic and some kid was playing a Pokemon game and I took it and played it for hours until he had to leave. Lmao.

So when Pokemon Soul Silver came out, I had to get it. And I got it. After about 50 hours of playing I got bored.
The end.

#74 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Soul Silver isn't exactly the best one I've ever played either. After you've beat Silver version, it's basically like playing it again with better graphics. I think my favorite so far is Platinum, but Black and White looks like it's going to be the best.

#75 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Playing black right now, the new pokemon seem okay, bit too cutesy for my taste and I loathe the magikarp/carvahna look-a-like/illegitimate offspring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users