WikiLeaks Founder gets rape warrant, and then removed soon after

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

Julian Assange, the founder of the controversial WikiLeaks website, is being accused with crimes of molestation and rape by Swedish authorities. The website is denying the allegations, saying that they are “without basis.”

Then moments later...

Update: Swedish authorities have withdrawn their warrant for Julian Assange, according to the Associated Press. “I don’t think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape,” chief prosecutor Eva Finne said in a short statement.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml
http://www.newsweek....not-wanted.html
http://www.sfgate.co...?entry_id=70624

What the hell? To me, this seems like a really dirty trick to try and smear the reputation of WikiLeaks so that people's attention is diverted away from the documents they're releasing.

What do you guys think?

#2 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

The sad part is the conservative nuts out there won't remember the "dropped charges" part =/

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

Its okay. I've been accused of rape 134 times. No one remembers.

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

I checked the major news site after the charges were dropped; Fox News went a little something like this: "Rape charges dropped against Assange >>BUT HE'S STILL WANTED FOR MOLESTATION! <<"

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

It's definitely interesting that a strange arrest warrant appears just as the US government are feeling threatened by the group which he is head of and when they're effectively impotent in what they can do to deal with him (due to the 'insurance' file)...

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

Whats WikiLeaks?

And what did he molest/rape?

#7 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:31 AM

Whats WikiLeaks?

You must live under a rock.

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hahahaha :lol:

#9 Abrar

Abrar
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

I'm sorry I've gotta agree on that one. It's all over the news...
Well I read BBC daily ;P
I found it kind of weird they dropped the charges RIGHT after.

#10 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Interesting. I've never actually read any documents on Wikileaks but have heard of his 'insurance file' Also Fox News is ridiculous, did anyone see the coverage they were giving to the end of the world swine flu?

#11 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Whats WikiLeaks?

To the best of my knowledge they expose scandals/war crimes and things of that nature. They are most famous for a video that came out recently of an American helicopter shooting and killing civilians/terrorists (it depends what side you're on) in Iraq. It's pretty graphic and NLS so be warned.

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Oh thanks Rose for that answer. If I wasn't so busy using my free time to make things for you members I could have looked it up myself. Abrar and drag. :p

#13 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

And if I didn't spend all my free time pleasuring myself or eating Cheetos, I could have looked it up too.

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

:lol:
Hopefully not while eating cheetos. You don't want an orange kitty now do you.

#15 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

:lol:
Hopefully not while eating cheetos. You don't want an orange kitty now do you.

Posted Image

.......and in GIF format for punk....

Posted Image

#16 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

Interesting. I've never actually read any documents on Wikileaks but have heard of his 'insurance file' Also Fox News is ridiculous, did anyone see the coverage they were giving to the end of the world swine flu?

Posted Image

^ Fox News, nuff' said.

#17 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, but even if this guy goes to prison for something like this, I'm sure someone will take over running the site, and releasing documents like this.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hahaha! Whats the name of the cheetos company? The Smith's Snackfood Company?

I wish I had a Smith's Snackfood pussy
That is what I truly wish to be
cause if i had a Smith's Snackfood pussy
everyone would be in love
oh everyone would be in love
everyone would be in love with me

Could be better.

Original for you guys that don't watch super bowl:

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner
That is what I truly wish to be
cause if i were an oscar mayer weiner
everyone would be in love
oh everyone would be in love
everyone would be in love with me

#19 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, but even if this guy goes to prison for something like this, I'm sure someone will take over running the site, and releasing documents like this.

Well I gotta agree with the OPer, it's all a publicity stunt. I doubt that the guy'll even come close behind bars.

#20 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

I've never had any kind of shot in my life, and I think people would be the biggest puppets of the media if they ever got shots for these flu strands.

Let's see...

SARS, check
Avian Flu, check
Swine Flu, check

Every time a new strand of the flu comes out the media gets paid by pharmaceutical companies to make a big deal out of these so they get paid and all the people who don't know anything about how your bodies immune system works will get flu shots.

Such a joke.

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

^ Fox News, nuff' said.

Holy HELL!! Are you serious?? That's not an edited graphic? I can't believe that. That's hilarious!

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

You know how I loves mah gifs.

Posted Image

^ Fox News, nuff' said.

I'll believe anything the guy in the top right box says, because his beard commands respect.

#23 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

To the best of my knowledge they expose scandals/war crimes and things of that nature. They are most famous for a video that came out recently of an American helicopter shooting and killing civilians/terrorists (it depends what side you're on) in Iraq. It's pretty graphic and NLS so be warned.

Well either way they killed innocent civilians in that video, in this case however I find it understandable... I mean a gun could be concealed or some shit and what are you going to do, ask the guy if he is in Al-Qaeda?

$5 says any of the leaders from that site in the next 5 years are going to be assassinated or MIA.

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

ask the guy if he is in Al-Qaeda?

Well. Yeah. They wouldnt lie to the US Government.

#25 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Well either way they killed innocent civilians in that video, in this case however I find it understandable... I mean a gun could be concealed or some shit and what are you going to do, ask the guy if he is in Al-Qaeda?

$5 says any of the leaders from that site in the next 5 years are going to be assassinated or MIA.

It is never understandable to kill innocent civilians. Your reasoning is rooted at the start of a very slippery slope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users