Quantcast

Photo

Frozen! - Your own personal audit trail...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

I have a problem... a big problem. With most of you, members... especially those who have been frozen! And I know they have been frozen! I need to say something, but am unsure how to say it. It has something to do with another member, here, am I allowed to post it? It could help a lot of members if I did.
-----------------------------

I guess you want to know why, most of you are getting frozen. If not how, why? Well the reason being (in my educated opinion - it is only educated because I've been watching a number of you very, very closely). I believe you are being too fucking loud (most of the time). Especially when something pivotal happens to the plot, and by plot I mean your account(s). "I've got this item, I've got that item worth X million neopoints, I've got a Draik in the Pound yesterday" etc. It is stupid. Why? Because it is traceable ...and don't get me wrong here I imagine the cause of most of your problems, counteracts the purpose of this forum. As we are meant to discuss things and spread information around to one another in discussion. A forum.

Although I do think it is getting quite a few members caught in the act of using Abrosia, the Score Sender, the Autoadopter etc ...as your accounts are monitored automatically, without any action needed. For example, you know how in your neopet user-shop anything over 1000 neopoints is recorded in your shop history. Well, all the items you have ever brought are recorded (as well as all the neomails you have ever received and sent). All the pets created and adopted, which would include transfers. Not to mention, all the games you have ever played, with your log in and out times and duration of activity on neopets. All recorded in something called an audit trail.

I'm sorry, but that is the truth of the matter. Whether you knew it or not, this is the most shocking thing. Not that I want to shut Neocodex down or anything. However, anything most of you can see and do... TNT will be able to see and do too. They will be able to see how Abroisa works, I wouldn't be surprised if a member of TNT - was here right now. There is nothing stopping them from joining us is there? So, if they keep audit trails and can see what you post on Neocodex, they can then create tables, that will overlap and a log of your events will identify you from here onto neopets, and that alone can give you a ban.

HERE IS WHY MOST OF YOU ARE GETTING BANNED.
With the example of ...

SATURDAY - 14/8/10
09:06 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED USE AUCTION TO SELL ITEMS, THAT ARE HARD TO SELL WITH 1000NP INCREMENTS.
TUESDAY - 17/8/2010
16:00 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED ACCOUNT HAD BEEN COOKIE GRABBED (200K STOLEN).
16:00 HAVE A PIN ON BANK, WITH 1.3 MILLION INSIDE IT. TO ADD, A PIN IS ON EVERYTHING.
SUNDAY - 22/8/2010
13:06 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARE A NEOMAIL WAS SENT WITH THIS MESSAGE:
"hi, have you wearables for my neopets ? I have 10.000 np. Have you a wearable for 10.000 +- ?"
TUESDAY - 24/9/2010
10:28 - ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED THAT YOU GOT A FAERIE PTERI AND HAS NEOCASH.
SATURDAY - 4/9/2010
09:07 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED ACCOUNT HAS 4 PETS.
09:07 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED ACCOUNT HAS A FAERIE PET.
09:07 ON NEOCODEX, DECLARED TRANSFERRED A DRAIK FOR THE ABOVE PET.
11:49 NEOMAIL (POSTING PICTURE ON THE NEOCODEX)
12:08 NEOMAIL (POSTING PICTURE ON THE NEOCODEX)
14:50 ABROSIA ON MAIN ACCOUNT, PUTTING IN 100-200K
14:50 CALLS QUITS ON ABROSIA
TUESDAY - 8/9/2010
1:57 MAIN ACCOUNT FROZEN

My half-assed assessment is... well I don't have one but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this. TNT could find a member who posts on the board like this, in an instant. This is a member here... and this is only a apart of their history here on Neocodex.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid. Seriously, I am not being at all... I did this in ten minutes. TNT can do the same, and they can do it a lot easier than I have, using Neocodex alone. I would feel sorry for members, losing their accounts down to ignorance of the bread trail she left behind her - however LET this be a LESSON to you all. Don't splash out information, if you don't have to.

Edited by Information, 07 September 2010 - 08:38 PM.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

It depends. PM Noit about it, and if it's allowed, he'll post a warning.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Username makes topic ^

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'm honestly quite curious since I'm not 100% sure what you're saying

Are you saying that you believe a member here has been leaking our information to TNT?

#5 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

Well no, I'm saying a member has been leaking their own information, freely to TNT.

#6 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

post it dudes, if u haz proof, we all should know, if you haz no proof, take to mods

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

Oh, not sure why anyone would do that. I guess just post what youv'e got.

#8 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

better not there are some guest watching?

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Well censor what is neccessary...

#10 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

I edited my post, and I hope my advice and findings help.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

It's true Information, a lot of people are much too open about what they just bought and the events that just transpired in their game

I never post about what I get unless it has been days after, so when I say I got a ZDAP, it's usually about 5 days after I already got it :p

#12 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

speaking of that can TNT trace the result of lab rays?

#13 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure if they have logs of what colours a pet has been. But it wouldn't be any problem for them to record that too.

Oh and... Boggat, just be careful.

Edited by Information, 07 September 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#14 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

This is the most narcissistic topic I have ever seen. You actually think there's someone sitting in an office somewhere scouring cheating sites for cheaters. "OOO someone posted about having 1.3m in their bank, better search through the database and start freezing." Now I don't doubt they can do this, if they were determined enough but you must be truly paranoid to think a functioning business would waste manpower chasing down a small fraction of the population instead of focusing on production. On top of that there is plausible deniability. I'm willing to bet if you took every criteria listed above and ran it through the userbase, you'd get a double digit list of people that fit all of those categories. Let's assume that they have a dedicated team of agents with a foolproof search algorithm. Hearsay is not grounds for conviction, anywhere. If it was that easy I'd go to the neoboards and wait for a legit restocker to post "I accept your offer of xxxxxxxx, some random color morphing potion has been added to your inventory" then I come here and post about getting that MP for that price and get honest people frozen all day. There's being cautious and being delusionally paranoid. People get frozen because they make mistakes but there is no one is looking over everyone's shoulders and silently keeping tabs on what goes on here.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

This is the most narcissistic topic I have ever seen. You actually think there's someone sitting in an office somewhere scouring cheating sites for cheaters. "OOO someone posted about having 1.3m in their bank, better search through the database and start freezing." Now I don't doubt they can do this, if they were determined enough but you must be truly paranoid to think a functioning business would waste manpower chasing down a small fraction of the population instead of focusing on production. On top of that there is plausible deniability. I'm willing to bet if you took every criteria listed above and ran it through the userbase, you'd get a double digit list of people that fit all of those categories. Let's assume that they have a dedicated team of agents with a foolproof search algorithm. Hearsay is not grounds for conviction, anywhere. If it was that easy I'd go to the neoboards and wait for a legit restocker to post "I accept your offer of xxxxxxxx, some random color morphing potion has been added to your inventory" then I come here and post about getting that MP for that price and get honest people frozen all day. There's being cautious and being delusionally paranoid. People get frozen because they make mistakes but there is no one is looking over everyone's shoulders and silently keeping tabs on what goes on here.

Not to mention that many people who never post here are randomly jumping up saying "I got frozen D: D: D:"

#16 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

If what you are saying is truth Scot, then there is no reason why members here are afraid to publicly display their neopet username. I'm not being paranoid, initially I just wanted to say why X member was banned. Do what you will with this anyway, as I said only ten minutes of my life was use on this.

#17 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

I personally agree with your theory though I'm not sure to what extent. Like boggart I've been careful as to how much I say and when I say it. Maybe I'm paranoid but I like to err on the side of caution.

While it does seem like quite a lot of effort to go through on tnt's part it seems to me like a very easy way to pinpoint and freeze people who are cheating a lot. At the same time I've seen people post extremely damning logs without ever seeing a zomg I'm banned post from them. If I was in charge of security I would try to find something more in the middle. Download the various programs from different sites and test them while being able to see the inside view to get a better pictures of their abilities and trends. If in doing that you noticed a few easy ices from people who are obviously profiting greatly off of cheating there would be no point in not taking advantage of it.

With that being said over the last week I've had a couple accounts iced for autobuying which I've never mentioned anything about on any site. They had been used to buy with browser based buyers for months and months without incident and I only switched buyers after I noticed they were at times too slow to get what I wanted. Greed will get you every time aye. The only common factor I noticed were occasional buy times above 1000ms but below 1200ms. The part that throws me for a loop is I've had times like that over time which didn't spark and icing and it was only recently that they seemed to set off any red flags. The most encouraging note is the accounts I've used on long distance proxies are not able to buy that fast and have not been iced. This says to me that there isn't anything that abrosia does on its own that sets off red flags, just the speed of buying.

p.s like a few people have mentioned I did have accounts frozen which I hadn't logged into relatively recently-definitely within 24 hours but the ban came long after the actual buying. With bans coming in chunks I still lean toward the idea that they audit their log files before cleaning them out every so often.
p.p.s with the number of times I mention accounts, plural, I've never had one frozen for multi while running several 'mains'.

Edited by bobsauce, 07 September 2010 - 11:27 PM.

#18 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

If what you are saying is truth Scot, then there is no reason why members here are afraid to publicly display their neopet username. I'm not being paranoid, initially I just wanted to say why X member was banned. Do what you will with this anyway, as I said only ten minutes of my life was use on this.

Just in case :p
And why I was banned had nothing to do with what I posted ^_^

#19 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

As she said "I'm willing to bet if you took every criteria listed above and ran it through the userbase, you'd get a double digit list of people that fit all of those categories.", while a neopets name will come up as only one. Therefore, you could not deny it. However saying "I bring in about 100k-200k a day" would leave you with thousands of options. They are not going to freeze a thousand "plausible" accounts. Many of whom would be innocent.

#20 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

It's pretty obvious they have a database in that keeps track of everything including who buys what, what random events happen to people etc, etc. Now if they hired some guy just to look at cheating forums all day...I feel sorry for that guy. But anyway yeah they can do some run checks on the DB to for example, see a list of who bought draik eggs from the shop on a certain date. But to have the db guy do that as a full time job since there's a horde of cheaters? I don't think that's really plausible.

Edited by Faval, 08 September 2010 - 06:10 AM.

#21 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

You're a fucking idiot, you know that?

Watch this.

Hey TNT!!! My account is featheralley, I have 3 pets, one of which is a robot jetsam. I have a one-of-a-kind battledome item that I refuse to use and tell people what icons it does.

Shut the fuck up kid. Unless you are completely retarded and abuse the programs, TNT will have a hard time finding you. ABing 5 items in 3 seconds will get you frozen. I can post all of my friends neoaccounts on here but they won't get frozen because TNT doesn't have physical proof. So again, unless you are a fucking idiot (which you are) you won't get frozen. Lrn2play.

Oh, and by the way, TNT has come out and said they don't monitor log ins/outs.

Before you come to Codex and start saying shit like "OMG!!!1!!1 the reason we keep getting frozen is cuz we are telling them EVERYTHING" maybe you should do some research.

TNT has bigger problems than trying to catch a few cheaters. They are more interested in making money. GTFO.

#22 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

You're a fucking idiot, you know that?

Watch this.

Hey TNT!!! My account is featheralley, I have 3 pets, one of which is a robot jetsam. I have a one-of-a-kind battledome item that I refuse to use and tell people what icons it does.

Shut the fuck up kid. Unless you are completely retarded and abuse the programs, TNT will have a hard time finding you. ABing 5 items in 3 seconds will get you frozen. I can post all of my friends neoaccounts on here but they won't get frozen because TNT doesn't have physical proof. So again, unless you are a fucking idiot (which you are) you won't get frozen. Lrn2play.

Oh, and by the way, TNT has come out and said they don't monitor log ins/outs.

Before you come to Codex and start saying shit like "OMG!!!1!!1 the reason we keep getting frozen is cuz we are telling them EVERYTHING" maybe you should do some research.

TNT has bigger problems than trying to catch a few cheaters. They are more interested in making money. GTFO.

That prick is probably going to report you, and then go "LOOK I TOLD YOU!"

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

That prick is probably going to report you, and then go "LOOK I TOLD YOU!"

You know who featheralley is right? :p

#24 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

I believe they also sold their prized one of a kind item for two SuAP's too :p

Edited by Faval, 08 September 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#25 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

You know who featheralley is right? :p

Evidently, she does not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users