• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

Users should not be changing the prices of buyable items at all.

If the price is set at 99,546 or whatever because some people are impatient... but the actual going rate is about 150k, I believe that changing it to UB is justified.

Remember the GCFYP event? Those books went from next to nothing to UB within a day. I think if we set the UB change to 95k+ it would be justified (even though that event probably wouldn't fit the criteria probably as there was not enough data to change it to 95k+ before it went UB)

OR IF YOU PREFER... we could have a little "report as UB" button and I would be happy to use some SSW and TP searching to price the item personally :p

#27 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

I thought about the scripts (i didnt look fully) but im pretty sure the scripts dont take an item with buyable status to unbuyable. It does take unbuyable items to buyable status though. Thats why i implemented that. But all prices will go through a monitoring system. So no problemo :D

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

If the price is set at 99,546 or whatever because some people are impatient... but the actual going rate is about 150k, I believe that changing it to UB is justified.

Remember the GCFYP event? Those books went from next to nothing to UB within a day. I think if we set the UB change to 95k+ it would be justified (even though that event probably wouldn't fit the criteria probably as there was not enough data to change it to 95k+ before it went UB)

OR IF YOU PREFER... we could have a little "report as UB" button and I would be happy to use some SSW and TP searching to price the item personally :p

We didn't settle on a method to handle that yet, it's been discussed though. :p

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

We didn't settle on a method to handle that yet, it's been discussed though. :p

I know. We've been talking about it ever since the ItemDB was released.

There was supposed to be a method in place before (non-Advanced can flag the item as UB, then once that's done an Advanced member could change the price to UB), but it never worked, so we've been stuck with undervalued items for a little while now.

IN FAIRNESS, if a UB item shows up as buyable, chances are good that it's a little HTS as people usually drop UBs in the shop when they have difficulty selling on TP.

#30 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

Am I retarded? I keep getting this "Please fill out the security code to verify that you are a human. - Go Back"

#31 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

this is very nice! would save me some time clicking, typing and loading a new tab :D

thanks a lot for the feature, and yes it would take a few seconds to appear but its all good. i hope item notes (not details) and prices can be changed by advanced member too. i would like to help a little bit

#32 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

I know. We've been talking about it ever since the ItemDB was released.

There was supposed to be a method in place before (non-Advanced can flag the item as UB, then once that's done an Advanced member could change the price to UB), but it never worked, so we've been stuck with undervalued items for a little while now.

IN FAIRNESS, if a UB item shows up as buyable, chances are good that it's a little HTS as people usually drop UBs in the shop when they have difficulty selling on TP.

The client side programming team will handle making an item go from unbuyable to buyable. You should focus on your three tasks.

#33 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

The client side programming team will handle making an item go from unbuyable to buyable. You should focus on your three tasks.

Items should already be able to go from unbuyable to buyable (we'll find out for certain when Snorkle Snout settles down a bit), it's the other way which is the issue.

#34 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

I dunno, bubbling fungus easily sells for 120k - 140k if you auction/TP, but I know that I'm willing to just price it at 99999 if I get a lot

sometimes I even sell items like lotus xweetok wig for 99999 because i'm lazy, even though they're like 600k and easily sell for 300k in TP

#35 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

I dunno, bubbling fungus easily sells for 120k - 140k if you auction/TP, but I know that I'm willing to just price it at 99999 if I get a lot

sometimes I even sell items like lotus xweetok wig for 99999 because i'm lazy, even though they're like 600k and easily sell for 300k in TP

Holy shit man, 80% of us in codex would KILL for a profit like that...

#36 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

No prob mew :)

Am I retarded? I keep getting this "Please fill out the security code to verify that you are a human. - Go Back"

Sorry man I busted that part :( Im waiting for sl's help so we can fix :(

#37 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

I have 3 tasks? O_o

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I have 3 tasks? O_o

1.Line-by-line code review of an existing program along with a small code addition
2.Algorithm rehaul of an existing program. Feature additions.
3.Create a new program.

#39 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

Could someone give me a step-by-step as to how I can go about submitting price changes? I'm not seeing an option while hovering over the item's price as mentioned in the OP. I have less than 500 posts, however I AM an advanced member.. is this why I can't do it'? :unsure:

The bubbling fungus I would stick in my shop as it's a lot less work and only a loss of about 15-20k. The Xweetok Wig I would NEVER stick in my shop.. 200k+ in lost profits from just one item is too steep for me. (unless it's a MP or other ETS item worth quite a bit)
It all depends on what you're used to making in one day though I suppose.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 11 October 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#40 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

Yeah its becasue you don't have 500 posts. But if you really are dedicated to codex PM me and we'll talk. ;)

#41 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

hmmmm, doubt that 80% of people would care that much, seeing as many people don't even play neo :p

Everyone here knows how much I hate the TP because I don't have time to be on, and the people on neo are assholes

#42 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yeah its becasue you don't have 500 posts. But if you really are dedicated to codex PM me and we'll talk. ;)

Haha, I was just wondering. I'll work my way up to 500 posts just like everyone else. It gives me some motivation to be active :) Thank you though.

#43 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

Just tried, pretty awesome.

As for the broken captcha... it's well... broken :p

#44 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Just tried, pretty awesome.

As for the broken captcha... it's well... broken :p

Does this mean people aren't able to search? I don't get a captcha because I'm special :p.

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

Does this mean people aren't able to search? I don't get a captcha because I'm special :p.

It means guests haven't been able to search since Noit broke it (I forget exactly when, maybe a couple of weeks ago now) and users have to wait until the next hour to search if they hit the limit.

#46 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

I'm able to search just fine. I've never had to deal with any captchas on this site. I'm special too! :p

#47 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

Looks fixed now, no more random captcha thingies. :)

#48 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

It means guests haven't been able to search since Noit broke it (I forget exactly when, maybe a couple of weeks ago now) and users have to wait until the next hour to search if they hit the limit.

Probably should get that fixed... noit? :p

#49 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

Probably should get that fixed... noit? :p

You fix it :)

#50 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Just bumping this so people can notice the built in browser search feature. It is awesome. Use it!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users