Photo

*RANT: STUPID NEOPETS

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

Wow, why do they continually take perfectly fine games and change up the neopoint/points ratio on them?
God damn, and the max neopoints you can get from a game is only 1,000 so why would they screw with that.
It's like they're trying to push you towards cheating. How can you possibly make any neopoints from flash games anymore?

:(
I used to remember when Bullseyes, and Pterattack had good ratios.
And now they changed chia bombers ii.
-There are a bunch of other games but these are the ones I'm sad about :'(

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:55 AM

lol @ plebs that get their income from games

#3 Coilvect

Coilvect
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

o.O This is why people restock, play teh stockmarketz. They only do it so you always come back to their site in hoping you be spending your real monayz on them.

#4 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

:( I mean I do AB and all, but it's pretty much impossible to get anything done just playing legit.

You could probably spend like 2 hours a day playing flash games and make only like 50k at this rate.

Time it'll take to get that nice baby paint brush: 10 bajillion years.

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

o.O This is why people restock, play teh stockmarketz. They only do it so you always come back to their site in hoping you be spending your real monayz on them.

see? that avatar doesn't look bad at all

#6 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Tsk Tsk Tsk
Games are far too boring and Stock Market is far too slow
I just AB

#7 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

Play the stockmarket?
You can only buy 1k stock a day...god damn, if that were true in real life we'd be stuck in the stone ages.

EDIT:

Btdubs, that's a nice avatar.
Nice and plain and not too much going on :cool:

Edited by Turtleboy, 26 September 2010 - 04:00 AM.

#8 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

my stocks are sitting at 3.700.000/5.000.000 (33%) profit right now

#9 Coilvect

Coilvect
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:04 AM

Nice and plain and not too much going on :cool:

Thats how everything in life should be. Anyways Neopets only does that to draw people who do play legit in everyday to suck in their life. Same concept as any other online game.

#10 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

It just makes me sad. Clearly, the TNT is saying - you can't make enough money by playing games legit - go look for other ways to get neopoints (like SS).

#11 skinnjazz

skinnjazz
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

some lame people with nothing better to do with their time (me) just play the stupid flash games because they're brainlessly fun in which case the ratio is totally meaningless..

#12 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

You just need to update with the times and keep your eye on the ratios... they change once a month (I believe).

I managed to rack up 100k or so to AB with within 3 days by playing legit... and I only had to spend 2 or so hours on the site to do it.

6 hours to make 100k?
So, if you decided to play legit all the time, you'd basically need to play like 600 hours or so to get a Draik. (Lulatthat)

Anyhow, what games did you play? (I want to make some legit neopoints - it'll make me feel better about myself)
All I'm saying is, they were fine before - why change the ratio.
99.99% of the time, (I've never experienced TNT upping the ratio) they just nerfed that shit. In a LOT of the games now, it's impossible to even get that 1k neopoints.
What is TNT afraid the value of the neopoint is going to drop because they're just injecting it into the system? This isn't the real world, they shouldn't even worry about shit we're not too concerned with.

Damn, how am I so angry at something so trivial :(

#13 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

6 hours to make 100k?
So, if you decided to play legit all the time, you'd basically need to play like 600 hours or so to get a Draik. (Lulatthat)

Anyhow, what games did you play? (I want to make some legit neopoints - it'll make me feel better about myself)
All I'm saying is, they were fine before - why change the ratio.
99.99% of the time, (I've never experienced TNT upping the ratio) they just nerfed that shit. In a LOT of the games now, it's impossible to even get that 1k neopoints.
What is TNT afraid the value of the neopoint is going to drop because they're just injecting it into the system? This isn't the real world, they shouldn't even worry about shit we're not too concerned with.

Damn, how am I so angry at something so trivial :(

actually the real reason is that they fail at programming. All their games are either boring or have bugs that make the game unenjoyable. Instead of fixing bugs/coming up with better games, they screw with the ratio so you'd play lame games more often.

#14 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for that, I tried a few of them and either it takes a long time to get to that 1000 neopoint mark or it's pretty damn hard. (Maybe i'm just bad at flash games teehee)

#15 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, haha. I remember when you could play Pteri attack and Ultimate Bullseye for nps.
I play the games I like only for enjoyment and not for nps. That's why I only play like 5 games haha.

#16 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

You just need to update with the times and keep your eye on the ratios... they change once a month (I believe).

I managed to rack up 100k or so to AB with within 3 days by playing legit... and I only had to spend 2 or so hours on the site to do it.

Yeah, I could easily get 30k or so each day, but problem is that things get real boring after a few days :/ Can't imagine myself playing the same games every day for a month Posted Image

Edited by flashraven, 26 September 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#17 skinnjazz

skinnjazz
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

but problem is that things get real boring after a few day

my problem is, i can never play the same game 3 times in a row... usually, i play once, get a decent score, and then i die and i'm like "SDFSSAKHFasdsafsa" and reduced to slapping my keyboard in frustration.. i can't do that 3 times in a row, 100 times a day...

#18 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

lol thats offensive, i used to get income from games (before abrosia of course)

#19 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

I don't bother playing any of those flash games. The payout is too low.

#20 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

lol thats offensive, i used to get income from games (before abrosia of course)

It adds up but damn that takes a looooooooong time.

#21 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

The first time I found out games only maxed out to 1k NP. I immediately tried to find out a faster way to get profit lol.
AKA. Auctions, TP, RS. Fuck games. Posted Image

#22 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

I cant believe people are not following your sig still.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Games are one of the primary ways that new NPs enter the market.

Restocking is simply a means of gathering items that will have their value determined by the existing flow of Neopoints into the market.

When TNT changes a game's ratio, it would seem to be determined that the ratio was determined to be ineffective for one of the following reasons:

1. If the skill/time:payout ratio is too low, then many people will play the game and too many NPs will be coming into the market.
2. If the skill/time:payout ratio is too high, then not many people will actually play the game, and not enough NPs will be coming into the market.

If you'll notice, most new games will come out with a 1.00 payout ratio until enough data is gathered to determine a new ratio ;)

#24 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

the only time i ever played those games was between the ages of 8-12; but then again i thought 2000np was a lot of money ;)

#25 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

I still play games.. but more because I like them and not because of the neopoints :p Im addicted to pyramids and such X_X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users