onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

first of all:

You sound like one of those crazy ass people who believe pets are people

LMAO! i do?? are you kidding me??

the only thing i say here all the time is, that i think an animal should NOT be treaten as a human and that i fuckin hate it if animals have to wear clothes for their owners fun.

did you ever think of the reason why some animals have a bad circulation and need to wear clothes? if not, do it please, before you come with shit like that again.

#52 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Lol you blame her that she believes pets are people and then YOU compare a cat wearing clothes with a CHILD that doesn't want to wear its clothes xD
Did you ever thought about why pets have bad circulation? It's all about breeding resulting in the development of extreme characteristics detrimental to the health and welfare of the animals... They don't need it naturally...it is because humans made them this way.

I'm stooping to her level and putting it to terms she might understand, the only reason any person would believe an animal has dignity is if they didnt understand an animals brain and how less complex it is, compared to ours, you do realize that, dont you? Any normal person would be able to rationalize the fact that a pet, is a pet and does not get 'embarrased' and shit, like people do.

And why would you ask me that? It's not always due to bad breeding, but it's definitely a fact that most dogs nowadays are poorly designed anways and suffer from things such as bad circulation and joint issues. Both of which are somewhat relieved with heat. I have plenty of experience in this field, the majority of the time it is with older dogs but I'm pointing out the fact that you might as well have a pet use to something such as a jacket or booties, especially for winter time when its rather necessary for taking a dog on a walk. I'm talking in general, I'm not just standing up for the cat in a cape. Even our wolfdogs get booties for walking in the snow and on cold concrete, it prevents the pads from chaffing and rubbing raw. And even during the summer, its necessary for walking dogs on hot concrete.

again, not my fault animals have been poorly bred.

first of all: LMAO! i do?? are you kidding me??

the only thing i say here all the time is, that i think an animal should NOT be treaten as a human and that i fuckin hate it if animals have to wear clothes for their owners fun.

did you ever think of the reason why some animals have a bad circulation and need to wear clothes? if not, do it please, before you come with shit like that again.

The second you think an animal has dignity and can sense embarassment, your automatically giving it human qualities. I love the shit out of animals, but even I can rationalize with the fact that they cant comprehend the vast majority of feelings like we do.
And I was asking about when its logical for a pet to need to be used to wearing clothes such as medical reasons or for comfort when in extreme conditons. The person who has the cat in a cape may not have had the best intentions, but why is it wrong to condition an animal to be use to something that in the future may make it that much comfortable and unstressful on the pet? RE: E collars.
And your last sentence makes no fucking sense to throw at me, its my fault people have bred animals to what they are now? Genetic issues and all? the only reason you even mentioned this is because of what Unigirl said, i can guarantee that you have no real fucking clue about it. At all. Do you have any experience with special needs animals, at all? Have you even had to deal with any animals other than your own pets? It doesnt sound like it, so maybe you should stop being so close minded when it comes to the whole situation and take in the whole picture, instead of coming after me with your bullshit.

#53 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

What about putting one of those silly cones on your pets heads when they get spayed/neutered?
They hate it, it removes their 'dignity' (though I believe that's anthropomorphizing them a bit there..) it's required or else they'd lick their wound?

People laugh more at a dog who has a cone on their head than a dumb cape. It's a cape ffs! LOL. It's not like it obstructs their way of living. More likely than not the cape is on their BACKS not their fronts anyway.

Or is it so cruel to spay and neuter your pet? Posted Image

#54 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

What about putting one of those silly cones on your pets heads when they get spayed/neutered?
They hate it, it removes their 'dignity' (though I believe that's anthropomorphizing them a bit there..) it's required or else they'd lick their wound?

People laugh more at a dog who has a cone on their head than a dumb cape. It's a cape ffs! LOL. It's not like it obstructs their way of living. More likely than not the cape is on their BACKS not their fronts anyway.

Or is it so cruel to spay and neuter your pet? Posted Image

One of those cones is neccesary though, as u said yourself.
A cape is not. It's just to make them look...special? I'm not even sure why you would.
Maybe at halloween its fun, aslong as it sticks to that I dont see the big deal. But if you make your dog/cat wear clothes every day...hmm..sad.

#55 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

Pets need capes so they'll fly when you throw them out of your second story window. DUH.

#56 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

#57 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

Pets need capes so they'll fly when you throw them out of your second story window. DUH.

Oh come on second story is no challenge. Its too low, they dont need a cape for that!

Edited by Milady, 06 October 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#58 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

Sugar Glider is win

#59 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

She will be mine soon, and her cuteness trumps every animal in this thread.

#60 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

She will be mine soon, and her cuteness trumps every animal in this thread.

is that a fox!

#61 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

Sugar Glider is win

Dude that thing is completely awesome. I've never seen one.
Where'd you get it?

#62 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

I want that fennec fox!

#63 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

I want that fennec fox!

Amazing, arent they?!
Very hyper and excellent escape artists, but this goes along with wolfdogs too so these little fellas are a perfect fit for me. They even purr when content, like cats but have an annoying high pitched scream kinda like a coyote, well worth it in my opinion. And unlike wolfdogs, they are usually very social if handled young and are much easier to feed. Don't get me wrong, I love my wolfdogs but they are not indoor animals.

#64 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

Wow, it is just awful what is considered as "pet" in the US...

again, not my fault animals have been poorly bred.

Never said that it is your fault ;) Just saying that in the majority of cases such problems aren't naturally... it is caused by humans but of course not by you ;)

#65 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Wow, it is just awful what is considered as "pet" in the US...

Never said that it is your fault ;) Just saying that in the majority of cases such problems aren't naturally... it is caused by humans but of course not by you ;)

Fennec foxes are just as popular elsewhere, I do believe the US is the only country to strictly regulate breeding laws, provide a registry and in some states/counties, require a permit.
And every place has exotic pets, not just the US, get over it. If you can provide for the pet and have done extensive research, there is nothing wrong with it.

And if it clearly isn't something related to me or anything I partake in, why would you bring it up and use it in your arguement?
I personally, do not breed nor do I condone any sort of backyard breeder, so stop using fucking winky faces

edited for spelling errors, its early

Edited by Salamanda, 07 October 2010 - 04:30 AM.

#66 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

And if it clearly isn't something related to me or anything I partake in, why would you bring it up and use it in your arguement?
I personally, do not breed nor do I condone any sort of backyard breeder, so stop using fucking winky faces

edited for spelling errors, its early

Do you know, you can use general facts in a discussion?! You dont have to attack your conversational partner personally... so I brought it up because it is a fact. Your argument about bad circulation is a general argument also and not related to one of us <_< I dont even know you so how could a bring up an argument about you personally?

Edited by unigirl, 07 October 2010 - 04:45 AM.

#67 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

Fuuuuck. I shouldn't have listened! Ginger's cape was nowhere to be found and now he's.....
Posted Image
Rest in peace :(

P.S. : I took Milady's advice and threw him from the top floor

Edited by Ephemeral, 07 October 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#68 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

Amazing, arent they?!
Very hyper and excellent escape artists, but this goes along with wolfdogs too so these little fellas are a perfect fit for me. They even purr when content, like cats but have an annoying high pitched scream kinda like a coyote, well worth it in my opinion. And unlike wolfdogs, they are usually very social if handled young and are much easier to feed. Don't get me wrong, I love my wolfdogs but they are not indoor animals.

After you mentioned them in chat and posted that photo here, I decided to do a little research myself. Personally, I don't think I'd have enough energy to keep up with one of those little guys, but they are absolutely precious. I watched a few videos, so I got to hear some of the wacky sounds they make. They seem to get along well with humans, cats and dogs, and their diets don't seem to be that difficult to supplement. They do sort of remind me of a cross between a cat and a dog, but of course everyone knows that when you have exotic pets, you can't expect them not to be wild animals. If I had one, I'd be so afraid of it getting out of the house, or maneuvering its way out of a collar and leash, but I guess a harness would solve that problem if you want to take it outside. One thing I didn't come up in my brief research, though...can they be housebroken? Either way, foxes are illegal in New Jersey, with or without a permit, I believe. They also have a fairly short lifespan. :(

Edited by Trichomes, 07 October 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#69 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

As a cat person one might expect i;ve owned a lot of cats but I haven't. I have owned 3 my whole life, and the reason is simple, they liver heaps long. One died at age 16 of heart failure, the other 2 are still alive.

God, growing up we had a cat that lived to be 18 years old.
I kid you not, I used to come home every day from junior high and go "mommmmmm, i think the cat finally died!!!" ... and then a few minutes later he would get up and start walking around or some shit.
Poor thing literally became just skin and bones and his breathing would be so slow that you'd touch him but he'd only take a breath every once and a while so you really would think he was dead.

#70 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

I kid you not, I used to come home every day from junior high and go "mommmmmm, i think the cat finally died!!!" ... and then a few minutes later he would get up and start walking around or some shit.
Poor thing literally became just skin and bones and his breathing would be so slow that you'd touch him but he'd only take a breath every once and a while so you really would think he was dead.

At least it lived a long life.
My step-dads dog is 18 years old. She's partially deaf and walks really slow. But she still has life in her.
Poor thing though. My step dad said if she gets sick he's putting her down.

At least it lived a long life.
My step-dads dog is 18 years old. She's partially deaf and walks really slow. But she still has life in her.
Poor thing though. My step dad said if she gets sick he's putting her down.

#71 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Fuuuuck. I shouldn't have listened! Ginger's cape was nowhere to be found and now he's.....
Posted Image
Rest in peace :(

P.S. : I took Milady's advice and threw him from the top floor

You cruel, heartless son of a bitch.
What kind of asshole names their grey cat 'Ginger'? Tasteless.

#72 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

Do you know, you can use general facts in a discussion?! You dont have to attack your conversational partner personally... so I brought it up because it is a fact. Your argument about bad circulation is a general argument also and not related to one of us <_< I dont even know you so how could a bring up an argument about you personally?

the circulation statement was used as a probable reason that an animal would likely need to wear clothes and where already being use to them, would help relieve stress early on. It wasnt meant to be personal. My fact was used to defend my statement, yours wasnt. At all.

You need to work on the way you word things, I read that as sarcasm and I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be the only one seeing it that way.

After you mentioned them in chat and posted that photo here, I decided to do a little research myself. Personally, I don't think I'd have enough energy to keep up with one of those little guys, but they are absolutely precious. I watched a few videos, so I got to hear some of the wacky sounds they make. They seem to get along well with humans, cats and dogs, and their diets don't seem to be that difficult to supplement. They do sort of remind me of a cross between a cat and a dog, but of course everyone knows that when you have exotic pets, you can't expect them not to be wild animals. If I had one, I'd be so afraid of it getting out of the house, or maneuvering its way out of a collar and leash, but I guess a harness would solve that problem if you want to take it outside. One thing I didn't come up in my brief research, though...can they be housebroken? Either way, foxes are illegal in New Jersey, with or without a permit, I believe. They also have a fairly short lifespan. :(

The best way to describe them I think, would be a wolfdog in a cat size package?
And I've heard about them being litter box trained, but I think it all depends on the fellas temperament, like with wolfdogs, some things they take to and some they dont. I reckon it's just as hard to housetrain them as it is a wolfdog since they arent domesticated, but it definitely can be done as long as you get the little guy early and stay on top of training. I need to do more research and talk to a few other breeders to learn more about them still though. and as of right now, Fennecs are illegal in california as well as almost every other state so the only way I can commit to one is if I do move to Nevada, I know they are legal there. I'd have to make sure I had an entirely safe and escape proof outside enclosure, indoor kennel/safe room, and a harness that was special fit for a Fennec, I dont think I would take any chances of him being outside without it.

And their lifespan is pretty impressive for a small animal, 12-16 years for a 2-4lb pet? Thats quite remarkable, I think.

#73 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Kittens will stop the drama!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Above Kitty is Meme, who has now had babys of her own ^^

Edited by Georgina, 07 October 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#74 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

Sugar Glider is win

O_o is that your place iargue? If so, you definitely need either a girlfriend or a maid.

#75 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

the circulation statement was used as a probable reason that an animal would likely need to wear clothes and where already being use to them, would help relieve stress early on. It wasnt meant to be personal. My fact was used to defend my statement, yours wasnt. At all.

Why not? O_o For me it is not natural pets wearing clothes. And refering to your circulation statement I just mentioned that this is mostly caused by humans. They don't naturally need clothes for healthy issues.

You need to work on the way you word things, I read that as sarcasm and I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be the only one seeing it that way.

You may read that as sarcasm but that isn't sarcasm at all. I know it is hard to get the right intentions across just by written words (and above all when english isn't your native language) but you should not insinuate negative intentions. I don't want to affront you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users