Photo

The Social Network

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

Why thank you. I spent entirely too much time making my point, so I'm glad it was appreciated ;)

I sat through the first one because I got it for free and was wondering what the hype was all about.

Afterwards I knew I wasn't going to be watching any more Twilight movies. XD

New girlfriend, new twilight movie.

I see the previews, and I AM FOOLED by all the violence, fast cars and CG into thinking that this movie will not make me wretch. Needless to say that I'm not going to go out and actively pursue seeing the movie, but I could be convinced to do so.

So girlfriend and I watch movie. And the entire time, I'm looking for the two minutes of awesome I was promised in the preview. Those awesome scenes are there, but they were obviously taken out of context to seem more awesome than they actually were.

Near the end, girlfriend was actually like "Can we please stop watching this movie?"

To which I responded "There HAS to be SOMETHING awesome in this movie. The trailers showed it!"

I won't be fooled again.

Until they rip a baby out of a stomach. Even then, that will likely be the only scene I watch.

Haaha. I know, my friends and I went to troll the 3 Twilight movies on opening day. We made noises and lol'd at the serious parts -- it pissed everyone off, idgaf.
But the trailer I have to admit made it look so cool when it was just LAME.

#27 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Sure ill watch it, once I can get it for free from some torrentsite. Wouldnt pay to see it in the cinemas or antyhing like that

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Sure ill watch it, once I can get it for free from some torrentsite. Wouldnt pay to see it in the cinemas or antyhing like that

Enjoy your shitty cam rips until a DVD release is leaked.

#29 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

This movie is worth the money, quit posting bout Twilight.

#30 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

So my boyfriend dragged me to the movie today (unexpected). It was actually not half bad. It wasn't THE BEST but it was good and interesting.
The actor did a good job portraying a douchebag that is for sure.

#31 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Screw Avatar and Inception, this is what a renown movie should look like. Plot-driven, mesmerizing dialog and thought provoking.

#32 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

Screw Avatar and Inception, this is what a renown movie should look like. Plot-driven, mesmerizing dialog and thought provoking.

lol Avatar was such an overhyped movie

#33 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Except it isn't true to what really happened, there was a significant less amount of partying and drinking than there was coding in reality.

#34 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

lol Avatar was such an overhyped movie

The hype was completely warranted. People are just overly critical of the plot and narrative which although is trite, was still leaps and bounds better than a lot of films released nowadays. The story was neat and original.

Except it isn't true to what really happened, there was a significant less amount of partying and drinking than there was coding in reality.

I can't imagine a 2 hour film accurately depicting the creation of Facebook. There'd be a lot of.... nothing hahah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users