Let Me In

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Just saw it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best horror movie I've seen in a very long time.

My initial thoughts:
-I need a telescope
-Chloe Moritz is gonna be a hottie when she grows up =P
-The ending was pretty good even though it was completely suspenseful

If I had to come up with a sequel I'd say Abby bites Owen and they both become vampires. Or something like that. =P

Anyone else see it yet?

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

I dislike horror movies.

#3 Naded

Naded
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

I dislike horror movies.

Im with you on that, I watched one too many horror movies when I was little and now I can't watch them. Its not really the visuals that bothers me, its all the sound/music that makes you jump in your seat.

#4 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

Just saw it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best horror movie I've seen in a very long time.

My initial thoughts:
-I need a telescope
-The ending was pretty good even though it was completely suspenseful

If I had to come up with a sequel I'd say Abby bites Owen and they both become vampires. Or something like that. =P

Anyone else see it yet?

I remember yesterday overhearing about you going to the movies at like 7:00 at Xbox Live private chat....lol

#5 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hmmm have you seen the original from like 2 or 3 years ago? Its called let the right one in I believe. I wanna go see this one as well though!

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

My initial thoughts:
-I need a telescope

What do you mean "when she grows up?" ?_?

#7 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Let the Right One In was way better..Swedish version was master storytelling..You could tell the relationship between the boy and the girl..As for the American one, I saw it..It was actually pretty good for a remake. Yet, I can't help but feel it didn't live up to the actual film. Maybe it was just told better

#8 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

Let the Right One In was way better..Swedish version was master storytelling..You could tell the relationship between the boy and the girl..As for the American one, I saw it..It was actually pretty good for a remake. Yet, I can't help but feel it didn't live up to the actual film. Maybe it was just told better

I liked Let the right one in a lot, I just hope Let me in is good as well. I don't want to be disappointed.

#9 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

If I have enough ambition to head back to the theater after The Social Network I'll definitely check it out.

#10 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Didnt even know there was any other version than låt den rätte komma in (aka let the right one in) :p Guess it wasnt so populair here seeing as I live in Sweden, so we sticked to that one. Swedish version I liked tho, Ill check the other when I can :)

Edited by Milady, 04 October 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#11 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

This is one of the few remakes that are worthy. It has the essence of the original but enough changes that it isn't a carbon copy. People who loved the Swedish one will enjoy this for sure.

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

This is all I can think about when I see "Let Me In"

Punk FTW

#13 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPDOB4yzzo&feature=related

#14 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

This is all I can think about when I see "Let Me In"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxTvtib0hTU

Punk FTW

Wow JCR plus 1 for the Beatsteaks..Haven't listened to them since Smack Smash...

#15 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

This is one of the few remakes that are worthy. It has the essence of the original but enough changes that it isn't a carbon copy. People who loved the Swedish one will enjoy this for sure.

But is it really just copied or is the storyline a bit different? No need to see the same movie with different actors in a different language really (that is if u have seen one already ofcourse)

#16 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

But is it really just copied or is the storyline a bit different? No need to see the same movie with different actors in a different language really (that is if u have seen one already ofcourse)

The storyline is essentially the same. There are many reasons for a remake. From broadening the audience to seeing a new interpretation, there's really no reason to skip out on something simply because it's been done before. You've never listened to a cover song in your life?

#17 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

I dislike horror movies.

The story line itself was what kept me watching it, not the horror(which was done superbly). The way Owen's day-to-day life is presented and how his relationship with Abby slowly grows. So it's not just horror.
Go watch it before I beat you up, you little girl!!!! (if you watched the movie you'd know what I'm talking about ;) )

#18 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

preferably 18.

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Alright, you got me.

#20 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hahaha mell but but but these movies scare me :(

#21 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hahaha mell but but but these movies scare me :(

I can't really advise you on that; I never get scared from horror movies. :p But it wasn't that bad, imo. There were 3 scenes where she mauls some people and in the last one it's off camera.

Watch the swedish version if you're reluctant. I think it has less gore.

#22 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

Alright, you got me.

I don't blame you though, she is one hot tamale

Spoiler

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

Uninspired movie. I was horribly dissapointed since I watched this on your recommendation.

Then again, someone recommended that I watched Where the Wilds things are, and Knight and Day. Both were retarrrrdddeeeeddd

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

Ew. That kid is fucking dopey looking. If I saw her on the street, I'd punch her in her goofy face.
I'm not scared of horror movies. I mean, come on, I've seen Ghostbusters like 100 times.

#25 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:19 AM

The storyline is essentially the same. There are many reasons for a remake. From broadening the audience to seeing a new interpretation, there's really no reason to skip out on something simply because it's been done before. You've never listened to a cover song in your life?

Hmm i dont really find watching a movie and listening to a song the same. But anyhow. Ill go watch it anyway since I liked the original so much, maybe its good aswell ^^ Hope its not overdone like most

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users