Photo

Stocked a Rare Item in a High Risk Store

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

So yeah, I got an r99 stamp at the Post Office using Abrosia... when I saw it I thought I was gonna be Frozen for sure, but I wait, log in, and I'm not.

From my experience, when you get frozen, it's right then and there while you're AB'ing... but I don't know, don't they like, look into every really valuable item that's stocked? Think I'll be frozen some time over the next few days? Should I cool out with the AB'ing? Should I not sell it right away?

All advice would be helpful. :thumbsup:

#2 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

I'm pretty damn sure it takes a few days to be frozen, I would throw it in your SDB for a week or so just to be safe maybe?

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

I suppose I could tell you you won't be frozen and assuage your fears for a day or two but if it'll happen then it'll happen right?

You've got nothing to worry about :)

#4 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

I suppose I could tell you you won't be frozen and assuage your fears for a day or two but if it'll happen then it'll happen right?

You've got nothing to worry about :)

THANKS, man. ;)

What I wanted to know the most is if it happens days later, because the only time I was frozen it was smackdab in the middle of autobuying.

#5 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

I got a r99 from stamp before..not frozen yet..Its all a crapshoot. But I would expect if you were to be frozen look for it from now till a week or so later. It took em 2 weeks just to freeze my other acct cuz I restocked a Starry Hissi MP...Just be wary, maybe hold onto it for a couple of days before you sell it.

#6 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

I got a r99 from stamp before..not frozen yet..Its all a crapshoot. But I would expect if you were to be frozen look for it from now till a week or so later. It took em 2 weeks just to freeze my other acct cuz I restocked a Starry Hissi MP...Just be wary, maybe hold onto it for a couple of days before you sell it.

That's what I was thinking. Just letting it cool off and such, don't AB for a while.

Ah well, thanks for the help, everybody. I'm either screwed, or pretty rich... :rolleyes:

#7 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Put it in your SDB and lay low for a week is my advice

#8 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

I personally wouldn't change a thing you're doing. If you sit in a shop for 30 minutes out of a total of 3hrs of restocking in one day and AB a r99 with what seems to be legit settings why should you get frozen. All TNT sees is you getting lucky enough to restock a r99. Keep living your neolife, but if you are truly worried transfer over 90% of your NP to a side account, along with items and your favorite pet through a proxy. TNT shouldn't chain ice if you have logged on to your account through proxies only thus far. At least I wasn't chain iced after f'ing up a scoresender and transferring literally everything valuable to a side account.

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

It all depends on the settings you used. What was your preghaggle and then ocr pauses?

#10 Philj16

Philj16
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

As noit stated it doesn't matter about the rarity of the items it is the time you bought the item in :) i bought several items around and over 3000ms and I'm safe :) I'm know people to get buy times of 1500ms and still be safe it all depends on luck. But it won't help if you go bragging you rsed a decent item :D best to let it sit in your sdb for a while then sell it :) rather than selling straight away as some bdc members tend to report because of jealousy :devil:

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Hey phil are those times prehaggle+ocr or just ocr? so like for the 3000ms it was like 1000 prehaggle and 2000 ocr?

#12 Philj16

Philj16
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Noit i honestly couldn't tell you :p i don't tend to change the 2nd boxes only the one which states not to go below 1.0 :p What ever that box maybe :)possibly haggle page delay is it ?

Edited by Philj16, 06 October 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

Oh thats the OCR delay. Which is better known as haggle time. So that was 2000? Thats amazinG!

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Put it in your stamp album. That'll throw 'em off.

#15 Philj16

Philj16
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

The lowest im bought an item with which i classed as safe was 2100ms :p been well over month since i got that and still not frozen :p I'm quite sure i got away with it though :p

But i only tend to rs on several accounts whether thats the key, i don't know :) i only usually rs in magic/stamp a couple of times a week then stick to low profit shops to stock my mall :D

Well i best be off :D night all :)

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

Well i best be off :D night all :)

You use WAY too many emoticons in your posts.

#17 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

One wonders if he actually makes those faces while typing

#18 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

Oh shi.... Noit 2.0

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Oh shi.... Noit 2.0

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, also, considering I usually have only a couple hours a day to browse and post, I probably miss most, if not all, of his emoticon infested posts.

One wonders if he actually makes those faces while typing

I really hope not, who has the sanity to sit there and choose what emoticon to use after every sentence? :l

#20 gemificus

gemificus
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

another silly newbie question, whats the diff between r99 and r90 other than 8 numbers??

i know i got hold of a mauket that r90 and i was told it will decrease in value rather then increase. I noticed the the candychan is r99 and seems to be worth alot more than some that say r over 100,

as for the OP's question, i guess as long as your setting weren't silly and you didn't leave it going for hours non stop i can't see them having a problem with you getting 1 r99 stamp, i suppose if you had gotten 7 in the space of 5minuets then you would be in trouble.

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

another silly newbie question, whats the diff between r99 and r90 other than 8 numbers??

i know i got hold of a mauket that r90 and i was told it will decrease in value rather then increase. I noticed the the candychan is r99 and seems to be worth alot more than some that say r over 100,

as for the OP's question, i guess as long as your setting weren't silly and you didn't leave it going for hours non stop i can't see them having a problem with you getting 1 r99 stamp, i suppose if you had gotten 7 in the space of 5minuets then you would be in trouble.

The higher the rarity, the less it restocks, thus less being in the economy and being worth more.

#22 gemificus

gemificus
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

so what are your views on the mauket will it really go right down because I'm not seeing many around?

#23 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

It all depends on the settings you used. What was your preghaggle and then ocr pauses?

Well, I'm not advanced, so pretty much the basic version settings:

8.0 - 9.5
1.0 - 1.1
1.0 - 1.4

#24 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

so what are your views on the mauket will it really go right down because I'm not seeing many around?

The drop in price to becoming a buyable is a gurantee. Its just people buying now as they want the PPL. They know the petpets will be worth nothing soon. But when the petpets are worth nothing, you can't win the PPL. People are buying the petpets now as in future,if the particular petpet wins a PPL, the oldest few petpets will get trophies.

Edited by Ephemeral, 07 October 2010 - 06:30 AM.

#25 gemificus

gemificus
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

whats PPL?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users