Quantcast

Photo

Official Topic! Come here if you recently were frozen!

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#376 daj0sephz

daj0sephz
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

^just tranfer your items to a new main bit by bit

#377 gooser

gooser
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

My 4 year old account got randomly frozen today for "inappropriate username". Thanks a lot fucking TNT. Should've told me this 4 years ago, you dipshits. Lost a few mil and my pets.

#378 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

My 4 year old account got randomly frozen today for "inappropriate username"

Isn't there something called "granfathering", or with neopets if the username was created before it was classified as "inappropriate" by the rules (or the rule was put up), they can't delete it? I don't know what time period though (as in years) the username would have had to be made in. (I think there's still some "inappropriate" pet names out there as well that were grandfathered)

If your username was "grandfathered" if you're sending in a ticket (as I immagine you would) be sure to put that in there.

Edited by Satsuki, 25 June 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#379 gooser

gooser
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Isn't there something called "granfathering", or with neopets if the username was created before it was classified as "inappropriate" by the rules (or the rule was put up), they can't delete it? I don't know what time period though (as in years) the username would have had to be made in. (I think there's still some "inappropriate" pet names out there as well that were grandfathered)

If your username was "grandfathered" if you're sending in a ticket (as I immagine you would) be sure to put that in there.

Oh darn, I already sent in my ticket before I saw this. But this was a really unpleasant surprise. Randomly restocking and bam, dead. I've heard that sometimes they give you your items back for a new side, but it was a 4 year old account so I kind of want THAT back. Thanks for your help, though.

#380 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Frozen this morning for "cheating on flash games". I never use the flipping flash games! I never use score sender, either. I do auto-buy but from a side account, and not my main. Well, it's not like I lost much. Just the pets and a few items in the shop. :(

#381 pride

pride
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Wow. I have no clue how I haven't gotten frozen yet. The contest for Better Than You was Extreme Potato Counter and I had a score sender which sent a score around 95 or so on the high scores list. My score was sent for review so I moved all my np and things slowly to different accounts. This morning I receive a neomail telling me my score has been reviewed and accepted O_o
Do you think they'll still freeze me? aka is it safe to return some of my items to that account? It was a stupid thing to do but I didn't think they'd review a score in the 90's on the hs board.

#382 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

95 is below even the avatar score isn't it? Some games just have extremely low review scores (another one is Ruins Rampage). Getting reviewed isn't necessarily a sign that you'll be iced, unless you sent in an impossible score or used unrealistically short times.

#383 pride

pride
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

My score was just above the BTY minimum of 210 (the avatar score is 200) and reached in the 90s on the HS chart. I'm always scared whenever I see the "score sent for review" sign :p I'll be more careful next time.

#384 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

95 is below even the avatar score isn't it? Some games just have extremely low review scores (another one is Ruins Rampage). Getting reviewed isn't necessarily a sign that you'll be iced, unless you sent in an impossible score or used unrealistically short times.

This is why it's not worth it to me. I'm convinced that it's generally unsafe to SS at all; the risks too far outweigh the rewards. I'd rather just AB and practice patience.

#385 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

This is why it's not worth it to me. I'm convinced that it's generally unsafe to SS at all; the risks too far outweigh the rewards. I'd rather just AB and practice patience.

Like I said to Nymh earlier, on the proviso that you're not a moron, score sending does not carry a very high risk at all.

#386 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Like I said to Nymh earlier, on the proviso that you're not a moron, score sending does not carry a very high risk at all.

I think the chances of me making a moronic mistake -- a single slip-up -- are too high for me to risk it. :p I see so many people say, "Oops, didn't double-check my score before sending it!" who wind up iced in a few days' time. I'd have to slip up majorly with AB (e.g., run it all night long) to even come close to that risk factor.

#387 CaramelPudding

CaramelPudding
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Um oops.
I left Abrosia running, went out to dinner - was only planning on being gone for about two hours.
Ended up being gone until 1am - over 6 hours.
x____________________________x
Bye-bye, all-star trophy.
/sigh

#388 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Um oops.
I left Abrosia running, went out to dinner - was only planning on being gone for about two hours.
Ended up being gone until 1am - over 6 hours.
x____________________________x
Bye-bye, all-star trophy.
/sigh

Install LogMeIn on your home computer. I can access it through my smartphone.

#389 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just sent a highscore (silver trophy) on Destruct-o-Math with Score Sender but I entered exact 21 minutes in time, score being reviewed. Ice incoming...

#390 ROHLY20

ROHLY20
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I just got 5 accounts banned. I originally only had my main account banned at about 1PM. 5 minutes ago, the rest get iced. I guess they found out because I had every single account hooked up to the same email. Plus I had routinely checked on all of them from the same IP. One of them I hadn't even autobuyed on. I guess they felt like punishing it just because it was on the same IP/email. Plus 4 of them were brand new AAA accounts. And I had about 4M NP between all of them and about 10M NP in items. I need to figure out how to AB a better way.

Edited by ROHLY20, 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#391 CaramelPudding

CaramelPudding
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

I just got 5 accounts banned. I originally only had my main account banned at about 1PM. 5 minutes ago, the rest get iced. I guess they found out because I had every single account hooked up to the same email. Plus I had routinely checked on all of them from the same IP. One of them I hadn't even autobuyed on. I guess they felt like punishing it just because it was on the same IP/email. Plus 4 of them were brand new AAA accounts. And I had about 4M NP between all of them and about 10M NP in items. I need to figure out how to AB a better way.

... Yeah when you have more than one account on the same email address, they're considered side accounts. It's against the rules to earn NP on side accounts as it is, but when you cheat on one or more account as well, it's routine to chain-ice. It's not "just because" - it's routine and reason.

#392 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

All of my side accounts use different emails, but I log onto them from the same IP

If I get busted for using an AB'er, will they all get iced :unsure:?

#393 ROHLY20

ROHLY20
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

... Yeah when you have more than one account on the same email address, they're considered side accounts. It's against the rules to earn NP on side accounts as it is, but when you cheat on one or more account as well, it's routine to chain-ice. It's not "just because" - it's routine and reason.

Yeah kinda figured that out. Would have been more helpful to know that before 4 AAA shells and 10M NP went down the drains. lol Well every day is a learning experience and I'm actually in a bit better mood. But just a bit better. Glad I didn't figure this out after I had made ALOT more. Like 100M NP.

All of my side accounts use different emails, but I log onto them from the same IP

If I get busted for using an AB'er, will they all get iced :unsure:?

No just me being stupid. I don't think they will have access to your IP.

Edited by ROHLY20, 02 July 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#394 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just sent a highscore (silver trophy) on Destruct-o-Math with Score Sender but I entered exact 21 minutes in time, score being reviewed. Ice incoming...

I sent an extreme potato counter score for the silver trophy a while ago (it was 257 or something, sort of ridiculous :o) and the score got reviewed. But thankfully it ended up getting accepted.
Transferring stuff you don't want to lose to another account is probably a good idea, but I wouldn't stress out too much about it.

#395 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yeah kinda figured that out. Would have been more helpful to know that before 4 AAA shells and 10M NP went down the drains. lol Well every day is a learning experience and I'm actually in a bit better mood. But just a bit better. Glad I didn't figure this out after I had made ALOT more. Like 100M NP.

Your IP address shows up in every packet you send. If you're frozen for ABing, I'd be shocked if other accounts on that same IP weren't also frozen.

#396 CaramelPudding

CaramelPudding
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Your IP is very nearly public. The administrators of every website you visit have access to your IP address, and on some sites, the general public also have access to your IP address.

#397 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

I sent an extreme potato counter score for the silver trophy a while ago (it was 257 or something, sort of ridiculous :o) and the score got reviewed. But thankfully it ended up getting accepted.
Transferring stuff you don't want to lose to another account is probably a good idea, but I wouldn't stress out too much about it.

Yeah, actually until now I have received no answer. I've heard once that if TNT doesn't accept your score for some reason, but also doesn't plan to freeze you (maybe because of lack of proof, as in my case - finishing a game with exactly 21 minutes is improbable but not impossible) they don't send you a NM informing that. I'll only hope that's what happened to me and try not to do this again, then. :p

#398 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

Seriously, if you're earning NPs and ABing on multiple accounts, don't listen to the guy who just got chain iced. Use proxies. They absolutely do have very easy access to your IP, as does every website you visit. There are rumours that they only track your IP on login, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also logged purchases in the main shops.

#399 ROHLY20

ROHLY20
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Your IP address shows up in every packet you send. If you're frozen for ABing, I'd be shocked if other accounts on that same IP weren't also frozen.

Your IP is very nearly public. The administrators of every website you visit have access to your IP address, and on some sites, the general public also have access to your IP address.

Seriously, if you're earning NPs and ABing on multiple accounts, don't listen to the guy who just got chain iced. Use proxies. They absolutely do have very easy access to your IP, as does every website you visit. There are rumours that they only track your IP on login, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also logged purchases in the main shops.

I worded what I meant to say wrong. I meant to say that they have access to your IP but I doubt they will track which accounts have logged on through that IP and ban them for being on the same IP.

#400 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

I worded what I meant to say wrong. I meant to say that they have access to your IP but I doubt they will track which accounts have logged on through that IP and ban them for being on the same IP.

They absolutely do. When they auto or manually freeze an account, they can see any accounts that have access the site from the same IP address. Lets say the bar for those subsequent accounts being iced is pretty low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users