Photo

Paranormal Activity 2

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

I might watch it tonight, since I got nothing better to do and it's getting some mixed reviews.

So should I (y/n?)

#2 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

No.

The first one was shit. -And i get scared by everything so that's saying a lot.

#3 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

No.

The first one was shit. -And i get scared by everything so that's saying a lot.

The only "scary" part about the first one was that nobody really knew what was gonna scare them. This one I'm kinda expecting that they must've come up with some new shit to make people jump out of their seats...

so I'm hella curious now what that may be?

#4 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

I liked the first one. It wasn't suppose to be jump out of your seat scary. More of an uncomfortable gut feeling the entire movie. I liked clover field too, which is similar in style.

#5 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

The first one was over-hyped and really not what I was expecting at all. I liked the concept of having the film appear as if you were watching it off of someone's personal camcorder. It made for a creepy sort of mind-fuck in that way. :sorry:

As for the second one, I personally won't be seeing it in theaters. I'll watch it once there's a nice DVD rip out there though. There are quite a few films out that I'd rather see right now. (The Social Network, The Town, Easy A, etc.)

Then again, it costs me around $12-$15 a ticket so that definitely factors in. When I was living in Minnesota I was only paying $3 to see a movie. (In that case I would consider seeing Paranormal Activity 2)

Edited by jaredennisclark, 23 October 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#6 Coilvect

Coilvect
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

I watched the first one and I would have to say the only entertaining part was the previews with the audiences reactions. Im assuming the second one would most likely be a flop also but this is a personal opinion.

#7 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Friends and I watched the first, and we were pretty disappointed. I bailed on seeing the second one but they decided to go for some reason (???) and boy were they not happy.

#8 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

I might watch it tonight, since I got nothing better to do and it's getting some mixed reviews.

So should I (y/n?)

Did you end up watching it Lallard?

#9 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

I wouldn't see it personally
I'm so freaked out by any horror/semi-horror films. T.T
I got freaked out by the zombies in Zombieland FML

#10 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

I wouldn't see it personally
I'm so freaked out by any horror/semi-horror films. T.T
I got freaked out by the zombies in Zombieland FML

Lol, im the same. I get scared of anything. Very likely I'll go see Paranormal Activity 2 tomorrow tho.... since everyone else voted for it :(

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Lol, im the same. I get scared of anything. Very likely I'll go see Paranormal Activity 2 tomorrow tho.... since everyone else voted for it :(

It sucks.... Massively....

Save your time.

#12 Greatgenes

Greatgenes
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

I loved the first one, i love anything spooky scary gory or just plain weird. i agree that it some extra spooky edge beacuse it looked like a home video. and nothing was to fake about it..i mean it looked real..

so yessssssss go see PA2 !!!! the human soul is always in need of a lil creepyness now and then!!

Edited by Greatgenes, 26 October 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#13 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

Im going on friday! :D Im scared tho.

#14 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

I really liked the first one. But I'm afraid that, due to the higher budget for the second one, it will lose it's realistic guerrilla filming effect.

#15 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

Did you end up watching it Lallard?

Nah, we just watched Social Network instead.

Surprisingly that was good. But back on-topic: I'll wait for this one to come out on piratebay/DVD...a friend already spoiled the story so I may as well see it later if I do remember in a month or so.

#16 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

PA #1 was essentially haunting before I actually found out that it was fake Posted Image

Not surprising if PA #2 flopped.

#17 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Look, many people said the movie is good
But not like the genre,
I'm afraid after

#18 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Overrated crap. Don't watch it... Unless you're rich or something.

#19 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

I saw this the weekend it came out, only because I work at a theater and get to see movies for free. lol I didn't like it. Yes, there were parts where I jumped a lil in my seat, but only because the volume was effin' loud. Other parts were comical, and it didn't help that we had people screaming their heads off, shouting "oh my god, oh my god, what the ****!!!" >.< Wait til it comes out on DVD or something. Not worth the money, IMO.

#20 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

what a terrible movie...goodthing it was only a bootleg lol

#21 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

This show sucks rusty balls
I couldn't bring myself to watch over 10 minutes of PA

#22 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Seen it, it's terrible. Save your money for something better. That being said, if you liked the first one, go see it. The first will make a whole lot more sense if you do. :thumbsup:

#23 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

I haven't seen this one, but if it's anything like the first one I never will.

The only reason the last few seconds of that was a shock was because after a whole movie of boringness something finally happened.

#24 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

No, terrible movie. Watched it during Halloween.. wow no scary parts maybe 2-3 that will shock you and terrible plot.
The idea is alright, I guess. You might just want to watch the beginning and the end, nothing else really happens in between.

#25 teh_dustnyator

teh_dustnyator
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

I saw it on Halloween... it was good, I think. I went in there expecting it to be completely stupid but it was only.. partially stupid? I like that the writers tried to explain or tie up any loose ends in the first one, which was definitely worse than the second in my opinion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users